Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning 1-2-3 Punch Thursday

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Planning 1-2-3 Punch Thursday

On Thursday, I plan to apply for offers at RBFCU and Hyatt Chase plus join PenFed.  This will be a TU, EX, and EQ run.  (Hope there are no double pulls.)

I feel great about the RBFCU and Hyatt.  Should be easily approved.  PenFed I'm about 50/50 but I have EQ's to burn so willing to add them if possible.

When I join PenFed I will have to join an association, then sign up for Savings account - fund it, is that when they pull EQ?  Once approved I can apply for a credit product?

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Planning 1-2-3 Punch Thursday

@BarryNTexas wrote:

On Thursday, I plan to apply for offers at RBFCU and Hyatt Chase plus join PenFed.  This will be a TU, EX, and EQ run.  (Hope there are no double pulls.)

I feel great about the RBFCU and Hyatt.  Should be easily approved.  PenFed I'm about 50/50 but I have EQ's to burn so willing to add them if possible.

When I join PenFed I will have to join an association, then sign up for Savings account - fund it, is that when they pull EQ?  Once approved I can apply for a credit product?

I have a feeling that Chase will do EX and EQ for the Hyatt. As far as PenFed goes, if you qualify then you won't have to donate but either way you can get in. As soon as you apply they will HP your EQ and once approved you can apply for credit products. I would go for a card and a PLOC. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 6
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I have a feeling that Chase will do EX and EQ for the Hyatt. As far as PenFed goes, if you qualify then you won't have to donate but either way you can get in. As soon as you apply they will HP your EQ and once approved you can apply for credit products. I would go for a card and a PLOC. 

Thanks Jeffery.   I ran this by Baller and she was encouraging me to apply for PenFed.  I will get more than one product if it's all on same pull.  I just wonder how they like to coexist with NFCU. Smiley Happy

At RBFCU I may actually consider them for my primary bank.  Finally growing weary of Wells Fargo and get no love from them even after 25 years.  I am preapproved for the cash rewards card and will likely ask for approval on a HELOC, which Navy can't do in Texas.

Hyatt is my new go to Hotel for business travel.  I will be disappointed if Chase double pulls but EQ is only 1 inq on file and higher score than EX anyway.

Any other feedback from the forum greatly appreciated. 

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They usually pulled EQ and EX for me but with Hyatt I didnt allow such shenanigans. They only used the EQ score so thats the report they got. Dont ask me to explain the method as its forbidden here Smiley Tongue You can figure it out
Message 4 of 6
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They usually pulled EQ and EX for me but with Hyatt I didnt allow such shenanigans. They only used the EQ score so thats the report they got. Dont ask me to explain the method as its forbidden here Smiley Tongue You can figure it out

HF, I know the strategy.   Applying online how does that slow things down? 

Message 5 of 6
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Chase has double pulled EX & TU for me for all 3 three cards, including Hyatt a few days ago, I have with them! FWIW, I'm located in WI.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.