cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning a spree... help? (& Care Credit question)

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Planning a spree... help? (& Care Credit question)

I was planning on waiting until spring when the last of my INQ drop in March, then my TU will be clear.  I have a dental semi-emergency so I need to app for Care Credit sooner than I wanted, but I was going to do Discover and/or Walmart/Disc at the same time.  I don't want to jump the gun on the others but I need the Care Credit, and I'm moaning about the Care Credit INQ that I'll have when I app for Discover.  

These are the cards I was thinking, now just need how to plan it out:

Discover (or Walmart - I would wait until at least 710, I've been denied twice by Walmary while rebuilding)

Chase Freedom

Care Credit

DCU Visa?  I'm a member but don't see any reason for the card as they don't have benefits.  I'm already getting the free EQ FICO.

INQ:  TU = 4, EX = 5, EQ = 7 (most from last spring so will drop March 2014)

My UT overall is now around 35-37% and I have no baddies (except a 30x late from 2008, no one seems to mind it).  By end of Dec when I need to app for Care Credit I should have my UT down to around 28-31%.  One of my cards is at 90% and will come down to 73% when statement cuts Jan 10 and that will bring my UT to mid 20's.   Will Care Credit care much about the card at 90% if I app now?

I want to wait until at least late Dec to run my TU & EQ FICO's, but my TU has always been the highest.  Hoping it doesn't disappoint!  Smiley Wink

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: Planning a spree... help?

Interested in hearing the advice, since I'll be doing something similar in a few months. I'm not the expert (not even close), so I'll leave the advice to others. Good luck!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

I was planning on waiting until spring when the last of my INQ drop in March, then my TU will be clear.  I have a dental semi-emergency so I need to app for Care Credit sooner than I wanted, but I was going to do Discover and/or Walmart/Disc at the same time.  I don't want to jump the gun on the others but I need the Care Credit, and I'm moaning about the Care Credit INQ that I'll have when I app for Discover.  

These are the cards I was thinking, now just need how to plan it out: When you say plan it out ...please explain 

Carecredit would be first since its needed now  TU

Chase next IMO EX EQ

Discover EQ TU

Walmart last since you've had problems TU

DCU you said it yourself no need for it if it doesn't help you 

Discover (or Walmart - I would wait until at least 710, I've been denied twice by Walmary while rebuilding)

Chase Freedom

Care Credit

DCU Visa?  I'm a member but don't see any reason for the card as they don't have benefits.  I'm already getting the free EQ FICO.

My UT overall is now around 35-37% and I have no baddies (except a 30x late from 2008, no one seems to mind it).  By end of Dec when I need to app for Care Credit I should have my UT down to around 28-31%.  One of my cards is at 90% and will come down to 73% when statement cuts Jan 10 and that will bring my UT to mid 20's.   Will Care Credit care much about the card at 90% if I app now?

I want to wait until at least late Dec to run my TU & EQ FICO's, but my TU has always been the highest.  Hoping it doesn't disappoint!  Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

These are the cards I was thinking, now just need how to plan it out: When you say plan it out ...please explain 

Chase next IMO EX EQ

Discover EQ TU

Chase Freedom

Care Credit

When you say plan it out ...please explain

I meant in what order if they are done the same day, if it matters as far as the INQ's popping up immediately.  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

Chase next IMO EX EQ

Discover EQ TU

Chase Freedom

Care Credit

I meant in what order if they are done the same day, if it matters as far as the INQ's popping up immediately.  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

Ok got ya now Smiley Wink

That's why I asked because I was under the impression you were getting one card now (carecredit) and the rest in the spring 

I did lay out an order tho 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

Chase next IMO EX EQ

Discover EQ TU

Chase Freedom

Care Credit

Ok got ya now Smiley Wink

That's why I asked because I was under the impression you were getting one card now (carecredit) and the rest in the spring 

I did lay out an order tho 

Yeah I think I'm gonna go with my gut and wait for the others.  My next post won't be "I wish I didn't jump the gun"...   Smiley Wink

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 6 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

So I guess my main immed concern is will Care Credit care much about the card at 90% if I app now?  Smiley Sad

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

So I guess my main immed concern is will Care Credit care much about the card at 90% if I app now?  Smiley Sad

I can't answer that but I have seen a lot of request of increases granted if the medical provider calls on your behave for an increase 

Hope this helps 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

I can't answer that but I have seen a lot of request of increases granted if the medical provider calls on your behave for an increase 

Hope this helps 

It could tip the scale somewhat depending on all other factors combined.  I'm of the opinion that utilization should be much lower on that card so that your chances are more favorable toward the end of the month maybe?  GECRB/GECAP underwriting for CareCredit can be all over the place but they can still look at other factors such as inquiries, new accounts or derogs.  Your overall utilization is just a tad bit above the "ideal" comfort zone but not horrible and your scores seem within range.  Perhaps other individuals can chime their experience with a similar situation?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.