Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning an app spree in November, seeking advice

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Planning an app spree in November, seeking advice

These are the cards that I plan on apping for in the future (just waiting for a couple of inquiries to fall off, since Chase and most prime lenders are kind of strict on that sort of thing):

1) Abercrombie & Fitch (underwritten by WFNNB)

2) Apple card (underwritten by Barclays)

3) BP gas card (underwritten by Chase)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Planning an app spree in November, seeking advice

@Scene wrote:

These are the cards that I plan on apping for in the future (just waiting for a couple of inquiries to fall off, since Chase and most prime lenders are kind of strict on that sort of thing):

You have a lot of patients  to wait that long to app for those cards.  I would have taken my chances yesterday if those are cards I really wanted.

Message 2 of 5
Scene
Regular Contributor

I dont know why these forums keep deleting the other half of my post, here is the full post:

I currently have two cards, a student credit card with Chase and the American Express Zync. I applied for the student card in July '10 and the Zync in October '10. My AAoA is currently hurting right now, but by November the AAoA should be in the range of 1-1.5 years. I pay off every statement as they come in and I do not have any lates. My utilization is kind of high on the student card since it has a garbage limit (~30-40%) but I plan on putting all if not most of my expenses on the Zync in the upcoming months since (I believe) American Express does not report the limit on this card and since there is no reported limit. It is not factored into the scoring process, but only the age of the account is reported.

Any hard inquiries should fall off by the time November '11 comes around since I only have two from those two cards.

So my questions would be to you all:

--how do the credit bureaus treat the Zync in terms of the overall utilization

--(I had other questions, but the forum or my computer messed it up sadface)

Message 3 of 5
Scene
Regular Contributor

If I put all (or most) of my purchases on the Zync, will it affect me negatively, positively, or neutrally? It was to my belief that this card has no reported limit, so even if i were to charge 10,000 to the card (and my current overall limit is $300), only my high balance would be reported

(sorry for the blank post, but these forums are acting up)

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would go ahead and apply for abercrombie and barclay... I would wait on Chase... as of late they seem to be really shy of history less than a couple years.

but abercrombie is pretty easy to get and they don't care about inq... you might even try creating a profile and going through and putting something in your cart and try to check out... WFFNB on cards like speigal and Express do pre-approvals when you are shopping and you can except for no hard pull... usually $500 limit.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.