Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning an app spree

tag
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Planning an app spree

So I'm looking to get in with some better credit cards than what I have now and I'm thinking about applying middle of this week.

A little background... I have 3 charge offs, two of which have stopped reporting march 2014 and march 2013, us bank is still reporting monthly for $624. I have an open collection with pra for $535. I'm waiting on paying these off till I can break them and get PFD. Once middle of this week hits my util will be at 7.5%. I currently have in good standing first premier (0/300)(7 months reported), credit one (0/500)(7 months reported), fingerhut (105/500)(3 months reported), QS1 (10/300)(1 month), car payment (460)(5 months). A lot of inqs on TU, 8 ex, 10 eq.

What I'm looking to apply for... BofA cash rewards (prob going to be denied but hoping to get 99/500 offer), barclaycard apple, barclaycard for average credit, and for sh!ts amex prg (was going to apply for green but read that same UW for all charge cards just depends on what AF you want to pay), and amex blue (I read that the delta card is easiest revolver but I don't fly so does it make sense to apply for a card I won't use the benefits?). I was thinking of before apps to ask Cap1 EO for CLI cause I tried last month when I got QS1 and they denied because of high usage.

Just wanted to post to see what peeps opinion on app spree plan.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Planning an app spree

Not going to try to burst your bubble but cap1 wont issue any cli until credit steps program is finished. As for Amex Revolvers yes, Delta is easiest but i think Amex is picky when it comes to baddies. So i would suggest not wasting the HP. Your AAOA is a tad low so i think you might be able to get 1 card, i would say you can try to do the BOA card and hope to get the 99/500 card. Barclays is a possibility but you may need to recon i would say Barlcays over BOA because its not a secured card. Though Barclays is inq sensitive same with account seinsitive
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 8
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Hmmm.  Frankly, with your current score and short history, chances are you'll get more denials than approvals for the CCC's you mention.  With the number of INQs and accounts you mention, you're likely already at less than 50/50 on approvals.  You may want to consider tending these TL's for a bit and getting better CL's on them.  However, I do have an overly developed aversion to denials.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 3 of 8
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Yeah I figured I would prob be denied on the Cap1 cli cause of the credit steps, didn't know how it would work if I got increase now. I forgot to add all the student loans in good standing and old car lease (in 3 years only had one 30 day late which hit 2 years last month). Last month before my QS1 hit myFico said AAoA was 2 years and longest account was 5 years.

For the Barclays I was going to app for both cause I dont know which is easier to get approved for but if I had to choose one which should it be?
Message 4 of 8
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Lol I was wondering how you saw scores but I guess mobile and desktop have different layouts.
Message 5 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Well since your AAOA is better than i thought >.< I think you might stand a chance with Barclays, from what i have read is there recon team is decent. I think their easiest cards are Barclays Rewards and the Ring. I think Rewards is easier to get. Ring is basically good for having a low interest.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 8
b_diddy
Established Contributor

+1

Agree.  There are plenty reports here and elsewhere of approvals in the low 600's.  Absolutely recon if denied.  Good luck!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 7 of 8
jrrsmith18
Contributor

If I get denied and call using backdoor numbers, what do I say? Do I just ask can you reconsider my app? Or do I have to explain anything?

And for the BofA when applying online is the 99/500 countered online or do they send in mail? I read something where BofA sent offer in mail after denial.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.