Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning for my first spree

tag
Charmlessman
Contributor

Re: Planning for my first spree

What do you mean about the timing not being right? If I wait what would be different? I see two other posters saying it would be the same if i apply today than on december

Message 31 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 32 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@myjourney

Do you think PRG approval odds are good?

Very good but timing isnn't right IMHO

I think giving Amex a couple month's of history before apping a revolver will increase the chance of approval. Then do 3x CLI. Once that reports new limit. App freedom. After a year with freedom app CSP.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 33 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Dustink

Really? Maybe I say it to myself.

Must be.

You have been active on the forums a lot. I took a bit of a hiatus to avoid temptation. WTG for all the info you've been dishing out.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 34 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@DustinK

Yes, I noticed you were gone. Glad you're back.
Message 35 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Charmlessman wrote:

What do you mean about the timing not being right? If I wait what would be different? I see two other posters saying it would be the same if i apply today than on december

When I see this I tell people to follow their first mind and not be lead to app by others and your first thought was and I quote 

"My plan is to wait til december " 

Always follow your course/plan while we are here to give you solid advce on the chances of approval and yes I think you will be approved now. I also think that your plan is best for you. 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 36 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@myjourney

Based on the limited information we have it's really hard to tell if waiting is going to matter. Gardening is always best IMO but with one card...who knows?

OP

What is your util that's reporting on your CR's?
Message 37 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Dustink

Yes, I noticed you were gone. Glad you're back.

My scores dropped over 100 points after I joined. Came back after I got back over 700 haha.

To OP:

With new credit your scores are going to take a pretty good hit with new accounts. It is a part of the process. Just stick it out and your scores with bounce back.

Message 38 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Charmlessman wrote:

When I see this I tell people to follow their first mind and not be lead to app by others and your first thought was and I quote 

"My plan is to wait til december " 

Always follow your course/plan while we are here to give you solid advce on the chances of approval and yes I think you will be approved now. I also think that your plan is best for you. 

I would say with only one account on the reports. The most important thing is thickening that file ASAP.

Message 39 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Also, you mentioned a new CLI , how much and when did you get it?
Message 40 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.