Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning for my first spree

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Planning for my first spree

@09Lexie wrote:
Also, you mentioned a new CLI , how much and when did you get it?

I'm guessing 50% boost at 6 month mark.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 41 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@myjourney

Do you think PRG approval odds are good?

Very good but timing isnn't right IMHO

I think giving Amex a couple month's of history before apping a revolver will increase the chance of approval. Then do 3x CLI. Once that reports new limit. App freedom. After a year with freedom app CSP.

Could be a good plan but remember everyone's profile is different and some are approved for both charge and revolver same day or one of each in a 2 day span

Some go straight for the revolver and are approved thus each profile is different Smiley Happy 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 42 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

Based on the limited information we have it's really hard to tell if waiting is going to matter. Gardening is always best IMO but with one card...who knows?

OP

What is your util that's reporting on your CR's?

Correct Lexie that's my point all I saw was app now without what else was on CR's Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 43 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@myjourney

Do you think PRG approval odds are good?

Very good but timing isnn't right IMHO

I think giving Amex a couple month's of history before apping a revolver will increase the chance of approval. Then do 3x CLI. Once that reports new limit. App freedom. After a year with freedom app CSP.

Could be a good plan but remember everyone's profile is different and some are approved for both charge and revolver same day or one of each in a 2 day span

Some go straight for the revolver and are approved thus each profile is different Smiley Happy 

Yes, I apped revolver first.

OP has outlined their credit profile. Yes, everyone is different and that is why they tell us about it. Knowing what we know about OP. With such limited history, a charge card makes more sense.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 44 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

Based on the limited information we have it's really hard to tell if waiting is going to matter. Gardening is always best IMO but with one card...who knows?

OP

What is your util that's reporting on your CR's?

Correct Lexie that's my point all I saw was app now without what else was on CR's Lol

You won't get a 722 FAKO with 6 month's history and baddies.

Message 45 of 72
Charmlessman
Contributor

Its 6 percent , I try to keep it less than 9% each month. Even though I use it a lot, I pay befoer so it reports less than 9%

Message 46 of 72
Charmlessman
Contributor

It was 20% thru the Credit Steps Program

Message 47 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, if the new CLI is not reporting -wait until it does. Also OP hasn't mentioned his reported util. So until we know the answers to util and reported CL - OP needs to wait until CR's have been updated.

Edit: ok, util is good. What about CLI? Is it reported yet?
Message 48 of 72
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Charmlessman wrote:

It was 20% thru the Credit Steps Program

Was it at the 6 month mark?

I didn't know the credit steps applied to secured cards. Nice. With the unsecured cards they usually give you 50%.

At the 1 year mark with that card. You should talk with the EO and see if they can hook you up.

Message 49 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If it was at the 6 mos mark it's probably not reporting yet.
Message 50 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.