Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning for my first spree

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Planning for my first spree

@Charmlessman wrote:

Well, I have been a member of this forum since March 2013.

So far I have only 1 card (Cap1 Secured with 650 CL)

I have not applied for anything since March after the secured card and have a FAKO of 722. My income is 65k. 

My plan is to wait til december and:

1. Get my annual credit report in December

2. Apply for AMEX (1 charge and 1 revolver on the same pull)

And thats it...now I would like to ask your advice on AMEX. I think I would like to go with the PRG for the charge card and get my wife as AU and dump all our expenses there, gas, groceries, even tickets to Mexico which we do a couple of times a year. I dont mind the annual fee but when it comes to the revolver I am leaning into BCP but it seems like its the same benefits as the PRG. 

I have to say that the reason why I am applying for AMEX is to be able to get a better shot for Freedom and CSP in about a year after this spree. I think of the annual fee as payment to improve my chances. I always PIF and keep to my home budget.  Do you think I have a good shot at the PRG? 

Thanks in advance

I skimmed all 7 pages and am not sure if you will wait until december but I was surprised no one recommended this order for you.

1. App for the charge in december

2. If approved try for the revolver in jan!

This way if all goes well it now becomes your oldest TL! I think that alone is worth the extra HP (or possible extra)

Message 71 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Planning for my first spree

Message 72 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.