Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq Question for people who use it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plastiq Question for people who use it

Lurker -

"You are not buying them with credit cards, you are using debit. My local walmart charges 80c for a $1000 MO. Some others are cheaper."

How is it Debit?

Sorry I'm on my IPhone can't do the quote feature.
Message 21 of 27
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Don't be surprised when this thread is shut down/mod edited since you are basically asking for advice and tips on performing MS.
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dragontears - If you've read the thread in its entirety it is not Manufactered Spend at all.

"Manufactured spending is the process of purchasing something that is the equivalent of cash such as gift cards, money orders, and other items with a miles/points credit card. The goal is to earn miles or points for these purchases."

While yes, I did purchase giftcards I did not purchase them to:

A) Meet a Spend Requirement
B) Earn Points/Miles

The reason for purchase was a loophole in an Office Depot/OfficeMax Promotion that offered a $20 discount on a $100 giftcard purchase. So I purchased (10) $200 MC Giftcards getting a total of $200 discount for this promotion.

I do not believe, nor should any rational person believe that this was as the very definition of MS describes, "to earn miles or points for these purchases". Please use caution when accusing someone of such things, Thank you.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the link to the promotion: http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/office-depot-mastercard-deal-ending-early/

It ended early because of the loophole.
Message 24 of 27
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Yes but now you want to use those gift cards to pay your credit card. How is that not MS?
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Also say you have a $250 minimum payment due on a card but are low on cash, would you be able to use Plastiq to make a payment on that card using another credit card from a different issuer (no spend offers/requirements trying to be met either)? I know it's not the best but if it was an emergency."

This is the one statement you're referring to...nowhere does it mention using these gift cards for making a credit card payment, it asks for a future situation if someone was low on cash and needed to make an emergency minimum payment using another credit card, not a giftcard.

It was answered that Plastiq does not allow that.

Also, where is there any goal of earning points or miles in this at all????

As I said before please read everything in its entirety and excericise caution when accusing someone of such things, to me that's just about the same as shouting "bomb" on a plane.
Message 26 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread has run its course and is now closed to new messages.

--UncleB

myFICO Moderator

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.