Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plat AMEX FEE Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plat AMEX FEE Questions

Not one of my typical controvertial topics. I just want to ask for all the NEW Plat AMEX account holders did you get hit for the full $450 in the first billing cycle? If you upgraded do they pro rate the FEE? it's really weird I got hit today for the fee but it was only $150.00 then they adjusted -31.88 making the FEE $118.00. I have asked for FEE relief in the past but never got more then $30.00. Am I prorated becuse I paid for Gold earlier this year? Do they think I still have Gold and they only charged me $150? Why would they adjust $31.88. ? i'm happy but confused.

Message Edited by ddd on 02-08-2008 08:25 AM

Message Edited by ddd on 02-08-2008 08:25 AM

Message Edited by ddd on 02-08-2008 08:26 AM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Plat AMEX FEE Questions

I just got the card couple of weeks ago. They have not charged me yet. I think they might charge when the statment closes.

I want to keep $0 balance on the card. I'll go ahead and pay it ahead of time with bill pay, until I understand the charge card impact on the scores.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to deal with Amex Charge cards with respect to fico scores. I am listening if any one has any suggestions.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
I just got the card couple of weeks ago. They have not charged me yet. I think they might charge when the statment closes.

I want to keep $0 balance on the card. I'll go ahead and pay it ahead of time with bill pay, until I understand the charge card impact on the scores.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to deal with Amex Charge cards with respect to fico scores. I am listening if any one has any suggestions.

Go Online and checke today, you got it beofre I upgraded my Gold it should be there by now.
Message 3 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

hi ddd, I have checked few times online so far also I made 2-3 online payments already through billpay. They did not post the AF yet. It says my statement closing date is Feb15th. I am assuming they might post it by Feb 14th. My bill pay posts in one day. I'll go ahead and send the payment on Feb 13th it should post it before the closing date. I want to show $0 balance every month on the closing statement, until I figure out the trick of how to manage charge card effect on the fico scores.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
hi ddd, I have checked few times online so far also I made 2-3 online payments already through billpay. They did not post the AF yet. It says my statement closing date is Feb15th. I am assuming they might post it by Feb 14th. My bill pay posts in one day. I'll go ahead and send the payment on Feb 13th it should post it before the closing date. I want to show $0 balance every month on the closing statement, until I figure out the trick of how to manage charge card effect on the fico scores.

Yea you're right my closing statement day is Feb 7th so they squeezed it in cause I didint get my card till after you, got yours. Very weird but Ok, I was just wondering why only $150.00 and a -31.86 credit adjustment. Im not calling them I dont want to rock the boat and get hit for the full $450. I toolks like are charging me Gold FEE.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:

Amex Charge Cards don't report as revolving.  They report as "Other," so their balances are not factored into utilization.

So I'd say go ahead and charge it up (as long as you can pay the bill, of course) and don't worry about trying to time your payments to hit before the statement cuts.  That's one of the beautiful things about these cards.  You don't have to play the FICO payment timing game with them.

Message 6 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Cheddar, are you sure about the charge card balance not factored into fico? I thought I read some where, they said first month to charge a large amount and that will be high cl.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Hi Cheddar, are you sure about the charge card balance not factored into fico? I thought I read some where, they said first month to charge a large amount and that will be high cl.

Well, I don't have one myself yet, but I recently had that confirmed by a very reliable source.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I got a deal only $120 AF and 50000 miles I'm happy with purchase. LOL
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ddd wrote:
I think I got a deal only $120 AF and 50000 miles I'm happy with purchase. LOL

Yeah that's not bad.  If the AF was an oversight, I wouldn't count on it being only $120 in the years to come, though.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-08-2008 12:01 PM
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.