Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plat AMEX FEE Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plat AMEX FEE Questions

When I got my Green card, the first year was free but I did get the $95 charge the first month. I just called and they removed it. My Gold Delta card was upgraded to a Platinum and they charged me the difference between the Delta annual fee and the Plat.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

ddd wrote:
I think I got a deal only $120 AF and 50000 miles I'm happy with purchase. LOL

Yeah that's not bad.  If the AF was an oversight, I wouldn't count on it being only $120 in the years to come, though.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-08-2008 12:01 PM

For sure I usualy appeal to Amex very weel when I call them they always cut me breaks. I have a TON of their cards,.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ajg wrote:
When I got my Green card, the first year was free but I did get the $95 charge the first month. I just called and they removed it. My Gold Delta card was upgraded to a Platinum and they charged me the difference between the Delta annual fee and the Plat.

Do you get hit the AF every year on the day you signed up or on Dec/Jan?
Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Red1Blue wrote:
Hi Cheddar, are you sure about the charge card balance not factored into fico? I thought I read some where, they said first month to charge a large amount and that will be high cl.

My understanding is that you used to have to do this, before the CRA's figured out the proper way to report them, but supposedly you don't any more, because as cheddar said, they are supposed to show up as "Other." If they appear in "Other", they aren't factored into your util, so you don't have to go through all the torture of establishing a one-time high CL.

But since the CRA's seem to delight in screwing things up, you can't count on them reporting properly. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.