Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Amex requirement

tag
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Platinum Amex requirement

What are the requirements for the platinum card?? I applied then got declined and my mom threw away the decline reason paper before I can read it...
I heard that all the charge cards got all the same requirements but what are they..?
Thanks
PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Platinum Amex requirement

And when can I apply without getting a hard pull
My Credit story
Message 2 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
What are the requirements for the platinum card?? I applied then got declined and my mom threw away the decline reason paper before I can read it...
I heard that all the charge cards got all the same requirements but what are they..?
Thanks

you should be able to google american express app status page and then you should be able to click on the decline online and pull up the letter of why.

I'm SHOCKED you have a revolving credit card (delta) but were declined the charge card!?

Message 3 of 25
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Gornet wrote:
Thanks

you should be able to google american express app status page and then you should be able to click on the decline online and pull up the letter of why.

I'm SHOCKED you have a revolving credit card (delta) but were declined the charge card!?

+1

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 4 of 25
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

I actually applied for the platinum on the day I was accepted for the gold card
My Credit story
Message 5 of 25
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

And omg thanks I will do that
My Credit story
Message 6 of 25
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

They usually won't approve you for two cards on the same day. If your profile is AWESOME, then you would probably be approved for two cards in the same day.

Message 7 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Gornet wrote:

They usually won't approve you for two cards on the same day. If your profile is AWESOME, then you would probably be approved for two cards in the same day.

a charge card and a credit card on the same day are very much the norm. especially the charge card being the credit card is usually the declined one out of the two if one is.

Message 8 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, you were the poster that was approved for the Delta by listing $0 as your income, correct?

I think if you did that again in addition to your credit profile being so new, you may have been declined due to a thin file, too many INQs, and credit obligations exceeding stated income (or something to that effect).

Message 9 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, you were the poster that was approved for the Delta by listing $0 as your income, correct?

I think if you did that again in addition to your credit profile being so new, you may have been declined due to a thin file, too many INQs, and credit obligations exceeding stated income (or something to that effect).

+1 that would make sense!

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.