Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 25
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Platinum Amex requirement

Yeah I was the one who doesn't have a job Smiley Sad
Oh we'll do any of you guys know when I should reapply for it?

My mom opened the mail because I was in college when my card was sent to my house so I told her to take a pic but it was the wrong mail
PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 12 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

My mom opened the mail because I was in college when my card was sent to my house so I told her to take a pic but it was the wrong mail

when you can give them income over $12k a year.

Message 13 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

Definitely when you are employed. I don't know how much income AmEx would like to see, but seeing as the Platinum is their most prestigious charge card, I would imagine it would be something around the 20-30k neighborhood for starters. In addition, I would make sure you could justify the AF; you don't get an intro year like the others, so be warned.

I would wait a year since your profile is new. Since you currently have an AmEx card, you can use it (if you have the money to pay it back of course) to build a relationship with AmEx and if the Plat still seems appealing, you'd probably be okay for it.

Message 14 of 25
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Money would not be a problem for me, but when should I reapply without getting a hard pull?
My Credit story
Message 15 of 25
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
Money would not be a problem for me, but when should I reapply without getting a hard pull?
Since you are a cardmember, it is a SP if declined and a HP if approved. So if you do get the card, it will be a HP no matter what.
Message 16 of 25
watch44
Frequent Contributor

I don't think you want to mess around with trying for more Amex cards if you can't prove income (even if you have money) because they are known for doing these things called FR's (financial reviews) where they ask to see copies of previous years' tax returns. 

I'm confused how you were even approved for the Delta Skymiles card with no stated income. What's your credit history and FICO? 

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 17 of 25
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Why on earth would you apply for this card with no income? You do realize it is a $450 annual fee that is not waived nor does it count toward the minimum spend for the bonus? Unless you received a terrific 100k targted offer (assuming you can afford the minimum spend), travel frequently, and/or have employer re-imbursable travel expenses, it makes ZERO sense to get this card. 

Message 18 of 25
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

I do know how much the af is and I wouldn't mind paying for it, it's just like 500$8
Nice to know its a soft pull no matter what

And yes I fly with delta a lot, maybe even way to much. I can probably afford the minimum spend as well.

My first credit card was the Amex gold delta and it's my only one. I'm only 18
My Credit story
Message 19 of 25
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
I do know how much the af is and I wouldn't mind paying for it, it's just like 500$8
Nice to know its a soft pull no matter what SP if denied, HP if approved

And yes I fly with delta a lot, maybe even way to much. I can probably afford the minimum spend as well.

My first credit card was the Amex gold delta and it's my only one. I'm only 18

Comments in red...good luck w/your app.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.