Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Amex requirement

tag
watch44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Platinum Amex requirement

OP stated in another thread that he/she just turned 18, is in college, fly about 10 times a year, spends 5k a month currently and has no job but "money would not be a problem." Smiley Happy

I think the solution to OP's low CL problem is becoming an AU on your parents' cards? Or you could just grow your Delta Skymiles normally and make up the difference with cash. And that also solves the other problem you had of not everybody taking Amex. 

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 21 of 25
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
I do know how much the af is and I wouldn't mind paying for it, it's just like 500$8
Nice to know its a soft pull no matter what

And yes I fly with delta a lot, maybe even way to much. I can probably afford the minimum spend as well.

My first credit card was the Amex gold delta and it's my only one. I'm only 18

Delta miles are revenue based for next year's medallion qualifications, so you're definitley better to put your spend on the Delta rather than going for the platinum. 

Message 22 of 25
enharu
Super Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
I do know how much the af is and I wouldn't mind paying for it, it's just like 500$8
Nice to know its a soft pull no matter what

And yes I fly with delta a lot, maybe even way to much. I can probably afford the minimum spend as well.

My first credit card was the Amex gold delta and it's my only one. I'm only 18

do you have any scholarships at all?

what about internships? it isn't permanent employment, but it's still employment.

you can always try applying anyways and state 0 for income. worst case scenario you end up with a SP decline.

The platinum card is a perks card, not a rewards card however. if you are trying to earn reward miles / points, there are many other much better alternatives.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Gornet wrote:
Oh we'll do any of you guys know when I should reapply for it?

When the reasons for denial have been addressed.

Message 24 of 25
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

For some reason it says it can't pull up my app, maybe it's my phone.
I never had a job, and I don't need one at the moment.
PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.