cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Cap 1 w/ annual fee -> Cap 1 Cash Rewards w/ annual fee -> to Quicksilver w/o annual fee

tag
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Platinum Cap 1 w/ annual fee -> Cap 1 Cash Rewards w/ annual fee -> to Quicksilver w/o annual fee

Good Morning everyone.

Back in 2010, Cap 1 graciously approved me with a $500 credit line albeit with a $39 annual fee. I didn't mind the annual fee as my scores were doodoo. After several years of use, I got an email stating my account was eligible for an upgrade to a Cash Rewards (green one) also with a $39 annual fee. Again, didn't mind the annual fee when it came up (wish I had known about EO up to that point). 

A few months ago, I receive a letter stating that the Cash Rewards program will be discontinued in favor of the Quicksilver/Quicksilver One. With the knowledge here on Myfico, I was prepared to contact the EO to have my annual fee waved. Statement cuts end of June and I don't see one. Curious, I log on to my account and chat with a CSR. 

She states that my credit card was upgraded to a Quicksilver not the Quicksilver One which I assumed. I was super happy as this was my only card that still had a fee going on. 

Anyone else experience this without going through EO?

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Platinum Cap 1 w/ annual fee -> Cap 1 Cash Rewards w/ annual fee -> to Quicksilver w/o ann

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: Platinum Cap 1 w/ annual fee -> Cap 1 Cash Rewards w/ annual fee -> to Quicksilver w/o ann

congrats on the upgrade.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 3 of 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

To answer your question, yep some people have definitely been able to PC via chat.

Congrats on your seamless/easy upgrade!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 7
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your success!!! I just recently (last Thursday) got my Platinum Cap 1 upgraded to a Quicksilver via chat as well.  I'm definitley GLAD about it!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 7
sponge_gto
New Contributor

Just another data point here: I got the mail offer for the Plat. MC with no rewards or AF in Feb. 14. Called in a couple of months ago and asked if I can get in on some rewards and was offered 1.5%, same terms and still no AF. The new card says Quicksilver but website still shows Plat. MC despite a Quicksilver image.

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.