cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Capital One Card - 8 years $1500 limit, seriously?!

tag
HonestDoubter

Re: Platinum Capital One Card - 8 years $1500 limit, seriously?!

I hadn't thought about that. I was so focused on getting that pesky CLI, but I will certainly ask to be upgraded to a Visa Siggy now that I finally have the CLI.

Message 11 of 16
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

once you get prime cards you can negociate with the executive office especially if you charge a lot and make multiple payments basically telling them you love capital one and they issued you a card when no one else would and would love to continue doing business with them but there's no incentive to keep doing so if they can not compete with better card offers you are currently getting. I would request to PC to a Venture card 2% annual fee version or if you don't spend atleast $8000 on it or Cash Rewards which ends up being better than the non annual fee venture card.   1.25 points vs 1.5

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 16
HonestDoubter

I currently have an Amex Blue card that's a rewards card. I'm happy with it. The cap 1 card doesn't have an annual fee and the interest rate is 8.9%. It's not abnormally low, but it's lower than my Amex rewards card and lower than any rewards card Cap 1 would offer me. I prefer to have one card with a lower interest rate on the off chance that I do have to carry a balance one day. 

Message 14 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HonestDoubter wrote:

I currently have an Amex Blue card that's a rewards card. I'm happy with it. The cap 1 card doesn't have an annual fee and the interest rate is 8.9%. It's not abnormally low, but it's lower than my Amex rewards card and lower than any rewards card Cap 1 would offer me. I prefer to have one card with a lower interest rate on the off chance that I do have to carry a balance one day. 

with your scores go navy or usaa if at all humanly possible lol 5% ftw =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Also the barclays ring card is 8% for purchases BTs and Cash Advances - Flat $1 cash advance fee. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.