Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express

Apparently I am a medallion frequent flyer with Delta so I keep receiving emails offering me the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.  I am on a mission to get my credits score back to great after a financially disaster of a divorce years ago.  I have no other credit cards except one authorized user macy's card.  I have two judgments on my reports.  I am wondering which burea American Express pulls credit from and do you think I would get approved if applied with their email offer?

Equifax Fico 8 is 626

TU Fico 8 is 640 

Experian Fico 8 is 652

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently I am a medallion frequent flyer with Delta so I keep receiving emails offering me the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.  I am on a mission to get my credits score back to great after a financially disaster of a divorce years ago.  I have no other credit cards except one authorized user macy's card.  I have two judgments on my reports.  I am wondering which burea American Express pulls credit from and do you think I would get approved if applied with their email offer?

Equifax Fico 8 is 626

TU Fico 8 is 640 

Experian Fico 8 is 652

Thank you for your help.

amex pulls experian.  Have you checked to see if you would benefit more from the Delta Gold instead?  It has 50/60k mile + $50 bonus quite often.  Im not that versed in delta MQMs or TQMs so maybe the platinum would be the better choice for you?

What is the utilization on the AU account?

Message 2 of 11
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I got in with Amex and my score was in your score range with 1 collection and a bunch of lates. However, I applied after I saw the preapproval on their site, you might want to check there. Every profile is different tho. And yes they do pull Experian.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian has the AU account from Macy's reported from December 2015 with a balance of $1,803 and a credit limit of $5300 making a 34% utilization ratio.  The actual balance reported on the last statement is $1,294 and the actual credit limit on the card is $7000 so the actual utilization ratio is around 18% but they haven't updated with experian since december 2015 unfortunately.

Message 4 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian has the AU account from Macy's reported from December 2015 with a balance of $1,803 and a credit limit of $5300 making a 34% utilization ratio.  The actual balance reported on the last statement is $1,294 and the actual credit limit on the card is $7000 so the actual utilization ratio is around 18% but they haven't updated with experian since december 2015 unfortunately.

I've had this card in the past, but downgraded when my road warrior days were finished. Since you're dealing with a "damaged" history, and one functioning AU, I'd question if you're willing to pay $195 for a card, if approved, that might just give you $1k, which I don't see them approving at all IMO. That card is designed for heavy spend/travel, and I don't know your details enough to really give more insight.

Try the prequal, app for delta gold if you're willing to burn a HP. Knowing your current scores would be helpful too, along with the age of the AU account. The judgements are definitely a killer.

*edit: just noticed your ex score. My bad....

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AU account is from 1994

Message 6 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The AU account is from 1994

What about the judgements?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately these were debts both assigned to the ex in the divorce decree and we all know the story on joint debt after a divorce.  I will probably have the Townhome Association vacated within the next 6 months but Wells Fargo is her deal and I don't know what is going on with that.

WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A.

March 2011 original judgment docket date
Orig. Amount: $16,200
Current Principal: $6,280

Townhomes Association

February 2013 original judgment docket date
Orig. Amount: $3,400
Current Principal: $3,400

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex pulls Experian.  I had a 679 when I applied for the Amex Hilton. I only received a CL of $1.4k so I believe I was borderline on receiving the approval. I had one collections account on my report at the time from 4 years ago and a 90 day late student loan payment from 3 years ago. All history since then has been stellar.  

Hope this helps!!

Message 9 of 11
datrucking210
Established Contributor

I got the Gold with an EX score of 687, score provided by AMEX this past Sunday. A ton of inquiries on EX and a lot of new accounts in the past year. No negative info on EX though.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.