Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum PC to QS within a month, Cap 1 Rocks ~_~

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum PC to QS within a month, Cap 1 Rocks ~_~

Where's that dancing Fresh Prince video when I need it?! lol I appreciate Capital One giving me a start I truly do but the Platinum card having zero benefits was bugging me. Below is the message I sent via FB, received a reply then phone call in under an hour. Extremely pleasant customer service! I asked for the QS1 MC with an annual fee because I didnt want to push my luck if a PC was at all possible and she said no I can get you the QS with no annual fee, card will arrive within 7-10 days. There was no talk of a CLI so I'm assuming that didnt happen and its not that big of a deal I can wait on the 6th statement automatic incease, my main problem was the lack of rewards. Good day for me! Smiley LOLHeartSmiley Very Happy

Hello, I received a mail offer for a Capital One Platinum card, applied online late July and was instantly approved. First statement cut beginning of August and I paid in full before the due date as I anticipate doing every month. The initial limit is $300 and I was automatically enrolled in the credit steps program. Understandable as I had no credit card history at the time of my application. Since the date of my application my credit scores have gone up across the board now 662, 674 and 669 respectively per myfico.com. There are 0 negative accounts on all three, my bills are always paid on time and my income ranges between 36k and 42k. The problem is I also have a Chase Freedom card that was approved on the same day and I find myself putting the majority of my purchases through it due to the rewards benefits and the higher starting credit line. So my question is in order to utilize my Capital One card more is it at all possible to convert my Platinum card to a QuicksilverOne MC at this time with the 1.5% rewards option and possibly with a higher credit line? (I was also pre-approved for this card on your website at the time of my application) I understand the rules of the credit steps program in the first six months but right now I'm on the fence of closing this account altogether because at the present moment this card doesn't seem to provide much incentive for use. My name is ______________, last four digits of account # ____, zip code _____, phone # __________. Not sure if any further information is needed but if so please reply back and I'll provide it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, have a wonderful day!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum PC to QS within a month, Cap 1 Rocks ~_~

This is exactly what i'm trying to do right now through Facebook, well mine is QS1 MC---> QS Visa. Hopefully they get back to me today.

Oh and Congrats!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and good luck! I know most people would have waited but I figured the worst I could hear was no and its a SP request so why not give it a try Smiley Happy Glad I did.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I will be doing this as soon as my BT from Cap1 to NFCU takes effect! I'll try and get a CLI while I am at it too...I got my CapOne plat November of last year with a CL of 10k. I tried CLI luv button a week ago and no luck. Hopefully EO will come to save the day for me too lol Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I will be doing this as soon as my BT from Cap1 to NFCU takes effect! I'll try and get a CLI while I am at it too...I got my CapOne plat November of last year with a CL of 10k. I tried CLI luv button a week ago and no luck. Hopefully EO will come to save the day for me too lol Smiley Happy

Thanks! I think it'll work out well for you. Avoid the chat option if possible. That was my first move and it got me absolutely nowhere Smiley Tongue Nice guy but seemed to stop listening as soon as he asked how long my account had been open. Persistence pays off

Meant email/message option not chat, I need coffee Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went on chat with Cap One and they PC my Platinum card to a QS...took 10< minutes...only thing is I wanted a Visa Sig but they said they couldn't change that and That I would receive a WMC...o well.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just went on chat with Cap One and they PC my Platinum card to a QS...took 10< minutes...only thing is I wanted a Visa Sig but they said they couldn't change that and That I would receive a WMC...o well.

Congrats! They wouldnt change it to a visa signature when you already have a 10k limit? What exactly are the requirements for a signature? Or does it depend on the representative you speak to.....all these negotiations and contradictory backdoor experiences make me wonder Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is because my current card is a Mastercard...so they said I was going to get a Wolrd Master Card...according to the csr they can't go from master card to visa... Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 12
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Just happened to have converted my Platinum to a QuicksilverOne about 20 minutes ago, with the same terms as my Platinum. It was also bugging me that the Platinum had no benefits to me. Had this card for about two months and just called them up and requested the PC. So hopefully I will get more use out of it!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it is because my current card is a Mastercard...so they said I was going to get a Wolrd Master Card...according to the csr they can't go from master card to visa... Smiley Sad

Bummer Smiley Sad But good to know. They seem to switch the cards a lot of different ways. I thought I would be getting a QS1 since I had a Platinum Mastercard. Never saw an option for a no annual fee QS Mastercard, not complaining at all though. I think they click buttons and modify the cards however they like during the phone call Smiley Frustrated Kidding........not really

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.