Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum PC to QS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum PC to QS

I received a pre-qualification in the mail for the Platinum card on 06/10/2016. I applied and was approved that day for a $500 credit limit with credit steps. After receiving another pre-qualification for an additonal Cap1 Platinum card (which I didn't apply for), I decided to chat with Capital One and attempt to PC to a QS.

I chatted in and told the representative that I would really like to be eligible for rewards and wanted to know if there were any offers on my account. After a 3-4 minut wait, she came back and told me that I was eligible for rewards and asked if I'd like to know more. Of course I'd like to know more. She then transferred me to another representative who confirmed that I was eligible for a Capital One Quicksilver card and asked if I'd like to upgrade. I confirmed that it was the Quicksilver and not the QS1, to which she confirmed and said that it was in-fact the QuickSilver (with no AF) and not the QS1.

A little history on the card.. As stated above, I applied on 06/10/2016 and didn't receive the card until 06/17/2016. From 06/18 until now, I've ran around $300 through the card and made one payment off about half that.

With that being said, hopefully helpful to someone looking to do the same.

How long after you guys PC'd to the QS did you wait to request a CLI? I'd like to get my CL bumped up so that I can use it regularly & PIF.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum PC to QS

Anyone? Any advice? Thanks in advance!
Message 2 of 7
gibeon
Established Contributor

I requested one right after pc'ing my qs1 to qs. Denied.

They seem to be sticking to the 6 month rule with me, i cluding the account merger of two qs1s to one qs one a couple months ago.

There's no hard pull to try request a cli, so I try it every couple of weeks. I think I have a few months to go before I hit six though...
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of some getting CLI immediately after the PC. Also heard of some waiting and getting them. Does requesting a CLI affect your account with CapOne in anyway?
Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I know when others had the initial card before doing a PC, they asked for the CLI first, then did the PC. I've heard once you PC first, the CLI is harder to get. But ymmv

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I asked for an increase, I always got the denial saying your account needs to be atleast 3 months old. After my 3rd statement I got a CLI.  I tried for CLI after every statement posted. 

Message 6 of 7
NattyPButter
Contributor

I did it right away and got approved. But I also waited until 3 months before I PCed and asked for the CLI. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.