Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Zero® Secured Visa® Credit Card

tag
2NE1
Established Contributor

Platinum Zero® Secured Visa® Credit Card

Does anyone have any experience with this CC?

• Secured Credit Card / Min Deposit of $500
  • 0% FIXED APR on Purchases - This is NOT an Intro Rate!
  • Your 0% Rate Won't Change - Even If You're Late!
  • Credit Bureau Reporting
Membership Fees:
Annual  NoneMonthly  $9.95
One-time Fees:
Account Set-up  NoneProgram Fee  None

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Platinum Zero® Secured Visa® Credit Card

Yeah no thanks on 120 dollars a year in fees just for having the card!
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
Yeah no thanks on 120 dollars a year in fees just for having the card!

+1

That's where they get you, so you can't even PIF and avoid interest, they gotcha automatically for it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

I had an account with them several years ago, exact same terms as above.  I only had the account for about a year then i canceled it.  Never had any issues with them, they charge 9 for the monthly fee which was ridiculous, but i prefered it to first premier, because premier charged 6 monthly fee plus about $200 in bogus upfront fees and 30% apr.  At least with these guys all you pay is the 9 a month, no interest, no set up fees or any of the other nonsense premier usually charges.

As soon as my credit was up and going i canceled the account, and about 3 weeks later they returned my deposit to the bank account i originally used to make the deposit.  No schemes no games.  I would reccomend you trying out a local credit union first, or one of the major bank secured cards so you can save some money on the monthly fees. I didnt have that option so i went with applied bank (plat zero) and they served their purpose.

Good luck to you

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this CC?

• Secured Credit Card / Min Deposit of $500
  • 0% FIXED APR on Purchases - This is NOT an Intro Rate!
  • Your 0% Rate Won't Change - Even If You're Late!
  • Credit Bureau Reporting
Membership Fees:
Annual  NoneMonthly  $9.95
One-time Fees:
Account Set-up  NoneProgram Fee  None

I think there is a case where this card makes sense. 

Assume you have very bad credit and are going to have to rebuild with high AF CC anyway.   This would be an ideal card to carry a large balance.   With very bad credit, Utilization will not matter for awhile, you just need positive history.   So you can open this card and charge up most of the balance and just pay the monthly fee, (no interest).   Eventually, you would pay down the balance and end up with good utilization and some positive history.    You can also open the card with a much larger deposit than you normally would since you would charge it back.  In essence you are building up the deposit over time by paying down the balance as you can.    You could also borrow the deposit from a trusted friend, family member and let them charge the card up to pay them back right away, then you pay it down as you can.   The higher the deposit the more this card makes sense the monthly fee does not change and there is no interest payment.   Or don't pay it back at all, close the card and the original deposit will cover the balance.   

In the end, you can have a positive history with a decent limt reporting.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.