Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing around on the cli page for discover triggered increase next day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Playing around on the cli page for discover triggered increase next day

Anyone else notice this . I went to the cli page but did not complete next day I saw a bump from 5k to 6k . not much but atleast it was a soft pull

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Playing around on the cli page for discover triggered increase next day

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else notice this . I went to the cli page but did not complete next day I saw a bump from 5k to 6k . not much but atleast it was a soft pull

How long have you had your Discover card?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I posted about this before. I poked around on DH's CLI buttton. Did not complete the request. He got a CLI the next day.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/auto-CLI-on-Discover-day-after-playing-with-button/m-p/...

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 3 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Did you click on cancel, or just exited the page?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the discover more since June 2009 -started with 1,500 limit - auto increases to 3k first year . last june at 2 year marked I asked for 7k but they put me at 5k . Now at 3 year mark I'm at 6k . I like the card - I have maxes at 15k , 12k and 10k so I would be happy to get this one to 8k then I'm done with asking for increases. i use it often enough and carry balances once or twice a year.

I didnt click anything but the cl increase button itself , a couple of weeks ago it gave me the phone number message this time just the screen but I didn;t click. Last night i decided to call to ask for increase like I did last year but when I called I got an auto message that my max was increased to 6k.

Message 5 of 6
ajh5408
Contributor

My understanding is that many issuers track and can tell how frequently you visit the page... For better or for worse!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.