Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation Visa Info

tag
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

Playstation Visa Info

So there isn't really a whole lot of talk on here about this card, but I wanted to see what some others experience with this card has been like. I see it listed online as a card for those with good credit, usually average scores in the 670-80 range. Would I be correct in thinking that this card is in a higher tier at Capital One than say a QS1 or Platinum Mastercrd? I also cannot remember when i first got this card if it said anything about being in credit steps or if I have just been assuming it is since it started out at $500. Does Capital One do the credit steps program with all of their cards or just the rebuilders? Also curious about the type of limits and CLI's that this card usually sees. Thank you in advance to those of you who can help!

MSUFCU $5K| CASECU $2K| Discover it $1.5K| QuicksilverOne $2.5K(x2)| Playstation Visa $750| US Bank Flexperks Select $2.5K| Barclay Rewards $2.5K| Home Depot $2.7K| Best Buy $1.5K| Walmart $1.3K| Amazon $2.7K| PayPalSC $800| Target $800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Playstation Visa Info

@Duffenbrau wrote:

So there isn't really a whole lot of talk on here about this card, but I wanted to see what some others experience with this card has been like. I see it listed online as a card for those with good credit, usually average scores in the 670-80 range. Would I be correct in thinking that this card is in a higher tier at Capital One than say a QS1 or Platinum Mastercrd? I also cannot remember when i first got this card if it said anything about being in credit steps or if I have just been assuming it is since it started out at $500. Does Capital One do the credit steps program with all of their cards or just the rebuilders? Also curious about the type of limits and CLI's that this card usually sees. Thank you in advance to those of you who can help!

AFAIK, the UW standards are similar to the Sony Card.   The Sony Card is offered with the Credit Steps program.   I've seen approvals down to the low 600s on that card.   I was approved on recon for $1500 and a 13.9% APR (their best).  My EX score was ~685 at approval.  

At the 6 month mark, I was unable to get a CLI using the LUV button (reason given was that the type of account didn't allow for CLI requests).  I contacted the EO for manual review and received a $1000 CLI, bringing my CL to $2500.  

i would consider this card in the same tier as QS1 or Platinum or VentureOne.  However, Cap One doesn't allow PCs for cobranded cards, so I don't have firm evidence of what would be considered an "upgrade" to this card.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I got this card 12/2013. They pulled EQ only and my scores was around 655. It's as easy to get as the QuickSilver One.

i got a $500 start limit and was enrolled in credit steps.

i got a CLI as soon as my 6th statement cut. $1,000 increase bringing it to $1,500. I'm hoping to see another CLi at the 1 yr mark

Message 3 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

There IS a different baseline on this one. I don't know what it is though. I have applied for the Playstation visa and the Sony card twice each in the last 12 months and have been declined. In the same time I have been approved for a Venture One. GM Buy Power and a QS upgrade from QS1.
Go figure
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason people get declined for this card is because for regular capital one cards, they do a triple credit bureau pull and for this card they only pull equifax. Equifax tends to be the lowest credit score for most people.
Message 5 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The reason people get declined for this card is because for regular capital one cards, they do a triple credit bureau pull and for this card they only pull equifax. Equifax tends to be the lowest credit score for most people.

I was triple-pulled for my Sony Card app.  I was also system denied with a score in the 690s, due to my 9 year old BK, but approved on recon.   The cards have different UW standards, but that doesn't necessary mean they are more "difficult"

As for EQ, that is typically my highest score.  From my observations here, there doesn't seem to be a consistent "lowest" by CRA.   It varies with credit profile, as each CRA has their own FICO algorithm.   TU tends to be my worst score, since I believe the place more weight on my SLs with high balances than other CRAs do.   I believe this because my TU08 in August was ~670, my TU08 CC Enhanced was ~680, and my TU Auto Enhanced was 755!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 10
rlx01
Established Contributor

Hmmm... I hold C1 in poor esteem but if it's only an EQ pull for the PS Card then that's pretty tempting.

10% CB on PSN purchases is a great deal.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

10% on PS purchases and the 3% categories are good, but you can only use the points on additional PS games. If you're a PS gamer, this may work for you and is probably decent for the 10% alone. 

Message 8 of 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

10% on PS purchases and the 3% categories are good, but you can only use the points on additional PS games. If you're a PS gamer, this may work for you and is probably decent for the 10% alone. 

This not true, when your approved for the card, you will be able to set up and link your card to Sony.com, you can use your points toward Sony purchases on Sony.com. Music,movies,tv's, cameras,phones,tablets and the list goes on. So to say you can only use points for Playstation games is not true.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied 9/14 $500 cl, I don't have much use for such a low cl. I used it to buy a game yesterday, cap 1 really sucks at cli.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.