Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasant surprise from Amex

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pleasant surprise from Amex

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
And further reading, let the argument cease please, one more reminder.

And, I purposely didn't make a comment before because I thought it had died down. Now, I'm just making one to say that I endorse this comment. Just want us all to have a nice civil discussion. Smiley Wink 

Message 31 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet deal!

Message 32 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same offer! Will be switching my spend on SallieMae to Amex until 2017

Edit: Amex cardholder since 2012

Congrats! Sweet deal!

Message 33 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you find the offer on the site? Was it actually in offers on the main page, benefits or elsewhere?

Message 34 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was actually e-mailed to me. I can't find it anywhere when I log in.

Maybe sweetdreams can elaborate on where they found it...
Message 35 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also received an email. Mine was sent on 9/20

Message 36 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here
Message 37 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a nice offer. I assume you have the wiggle room to utilize the grocery category to get the 6% back for the next 2.5 months.

Message 38 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So in other words they're screwing the people who are paying the $95 annual fee on the preferred version to give you 2 1/2 months of what they get for rewards on your no annual fee card. 

Your personal feelings about Amex entertains me.  Did you by chance have a bad childhood experience with Amex or something similar?

It would be one thing if what I said wasn't accurate, and if nobody agreed... But that isn't the case. 

Also, it's one thing to bash a company on a message board, but not other people who comment and read this stuff. Consider yourself warned. Stop with the personal bashing. 

That's funny.  (and yes, I get what is likely coming but it's worth it with your antics......lol)

But seriously you come off as highly emotional/angry over a bank that you are doing no business with yet you can't seem to let it go as they don't want to do business with you.

You're only assuming when you think I'm angry. I can assure you that isn't the case at all.  I take pride in bashing a company that has fallen in great lengths and doesn't know how to manage itself anymore. 

It's fine you take pride in bashing a company. Whatever makes you feel better. But please stop pretending you know financial strengths of companies, because your recent posts suggest you know nothing. Amex is not falling nor spiraling. They are perfectly holding.

And offering up 2 months of BCP rewards structure is not screwing over BCP card holders. BCP get a lot of offers others don't and they get the rewards structure permanently. How much damage could people do in 2 months....really. 

Exactly, Amex is fine and isn't going anywhere, they'd be fools not to market the benefits of a BCP, they'd be failures or spiraling if they simply rested on their laurels. Don't worry though about mountaindew, they'll come around on Amex once they get an Amex, kinda like they did with BofA. 

HA HA! Hilarious! Stock down 30% this year, scrambling to catch up to the competition (like with this Platinum "upgrade", and still spotty acceptance... I'd say they're desperate. Not to mention they recently slashed their CEO's pay by a large amount. Yeah, they're doing so well. Where are your facts? 

I used to want an AMEX card, and I think their clear cards look cool... But over the last few months I've realized they're the Sprint of card companies these days. 

Also, difference is I used to hate BoA, but I used to respect AMEX... Not apples to apples at all. 

The facts are anywhere you care to look on google. Amex had net income of two plus billion the last quarter and five plus billion last year, if they are making money then they aren't failing. Are they making as much money as JPM, BAC or C or even WFC? no they sure aren't but they aren't nearly as big as the other banks and don't have the reach or size of operations as the other banks plus they have no retail banking like the others. Did the CEO take a pay cut? sure did and he deserved a paycut, I personally think he needs to go. I think Amex will do better under fresh new leadership. I'm no cheerleader for Amex but for now they are profitable and I will give them credit for that. Do they need some changes? yes, Are they living in the past? somewhat. Are they the same Amex of yesteryear? no, but they like to think they are. 

Amex is definitely getting some pretty stiff competition lately and they need to adapt or get passed by. Chase in particular is going for the Amex jugular at this moment, so Amex better get with it or get ready for more losses. I don't know what the future hold for Amex but for now they are hanging in there, My personal guess is they get bought out eventually by a bigger bank and I'm guessing Wells Fargo because of the Warren Buffett connection, but time will tell. 

No heat here, but I just wanted to point out that the CEO didn't voluntary take a pay cut, the share holers slashed his pay and he didn't have a choice. I do agree that it's time for fresh leadership in the American Express corporate HQ. A short while ago until recent stories came out, I thought WF would eventually buy AMEX too, but now I think the government will break up WF so it won't happen. 

Message 39 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sidebar:

"Amex is definitely getting some pretty stiff competition lately and they need to adapt or get passed by. Chase in particular is going for the Amex jugular at this moment, so Amex better get with it or get ready for more losses. I don't know what the future hold for Amex but for now they are hanging in there, My personal guess is they get bought out eventually by a bigger bank and I'm guessing Wells Fargo because of the Warren Buffett connection, but time will tell. "

You make a lot of sense...on that comment it will be interesting to see how it pans out..Also it is a lot company wanting to kick AMEX while there are down ...

I'm sure Visa and MC would like to see the Amex network used a lot less!!

Investors sidebar:
possible buy opportunities IDK😃time will tell

Apology for going far OFF OP topic😅
Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.