Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

I would ask to be removed since its a high util unless he can get it down quick...IMO it'll just hurt your cr if you keep it...I would just ask him to remove you...gl

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 21 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

Credit Sesame has been glitching for me lately and everything that shows up on the monitoring shows twice. I got a cli from GE and it said I got two increases. So it is likely the one AU account showing up. If that's a charge card utilization doesn't matter, but depending on what your profile looks like being an au isn't really going to help much anyways. 

This. I have been experiencing the double posting as well. So I concur that it is most likely the one AU posted and is just showing up twice on credit sesame.

Message 22 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all! My friend said he removed me a few weeks ago when I decided "no thanks" when he told me was near maxed out. Maybe it just couldn't be taken off before it hit one report cycle? How do I confirm I am actually off and remove the tradeline from my reports?

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 23 of 29
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Pull your reports and dispute for it not being your account. It will be deleted.

Message 24 of 29
melbaro
New Contributor

Leave the Amex on there! I believe you said it was a charge card which does NOT factor in utilization! If anything, when you apply down the road, whether it is a few years from now or not, you can have your card backdated to 2013. Just keep in mind that you are an additional cardmember according to AMEX...slightly different from an AU.

EDIT: Just read through this thread again...it is a charge card...do not dispute it! Pretty much all the advice given in this thread is useless.

Message 25 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

i just got off the phone with Amex. I was already removed as an AU, but because the statement cut one day after I was added the account reported to the CB.

Even if a charge card doesn't hurt me I am already getting a headache dealing with being an AU (I like to be in control!). So I won't be adding Amex or any other tradelines as an AU. I will just let my 4 cards grow with me & if they don't, well, divorce them & find a better companion!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 26 of 29
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

Leave the Amex on there! I believe you said it was a charge card which does NOT factor in utilization! If anything, when you apply down the road, whether it is a few years from now or not, you can have your card backdated to 2013. Just keep in mind that you are an additional cardmember according to AMEX...slightly different from an AU.

EDIT: Just read through this thread again...it is a charge card...do not dispute it! Pretty much all the advice given in this thread is useless.

Sorry but this is wrong. Being an AU on an AMEX does not entitle you to backdating. 

Message 27 of 29
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

I will just let my 4 cards grow with me & if they don't, well, divorce them & find a better companion!

That is probably best. Give it time and your scores and cards will grow!

Message 28 of 29
melbaro
New Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

@melbaro wrote:

Sorry but this is wrong. Being an AU on an AMEX does not entitle you to backdating. 

It does, but only to when you are added as an additional cardmember...not the original cardholders date. Otherwise my card and login would say 2012...not 1999.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.