Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

I just got a notifcation from Creditsesame that 2 new accounts reported on Experian: both Amex. The problem? I didn't apply for any Amex accounts.

 

How should I start with checking this out? Call Experian? Call Amex?

 

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.



Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $6500 - Barclaycard Apple: $2000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $3700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $1700
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,824
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update


Jasir wrote:

I just got a notifcation from Creditsesame that 2 new accounts reported on Experian: both Amex. The problem? I didn't apply for any Amex accounts.

 

How should I start with checking this out? Call Experian? Call Amex?

 

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.


Pull EX report ASAP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,236
Registered: ‎12-12-2011
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update


Jasir wrote:

I just got a notifcation from Creditsesame that 2 new accounts reported on Experian: both Amex. The problem? I didn't apply for any Amex accounts.

 

How should I start with checking this out? Call Experian? Call Amex?

 

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.


It happening to me too, I checked and everything was fine.

Walmart / SYNCB - 12,000 | JCP MasterCard / SYNCB - 10,000 | Capital One - 4,200 | Bank Of America 123 Cash Back - 12,000 | AMEX Hilton HHonours - 5,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - 30,000 | PenFed Travel Rewards AMEX - 10,000 | PenFed PLOC - 5,000 | PenFed Thrifty Credit - 9,800 | Discover IT - 11,000 | Barclays Rewards - 5,500 | Apple Rewards / Barclays - 6,500 | Citi Simplicity - 7,300 | Double Cash World MasterCard Citi 1,200 | Amazon.com Visa Signature - 5,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $6,200 | USAA Cash Rewards Plus AMEX - 8,500.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

i just thought of this: I asked a friend to add me as an AU to his Amex on June 7th. He said he chose to add me to a different card instead, but told me after he added me the was maxed out. I told him to remove me then because I feared a mazed out card (didn't think it was Amex) would do more harm than good. I presume this is the reporting before it was able to be removed (unless he didn't remove me). I will check into this on his end.

 

If he didn't remove me should I keep the near-maxed out Amex on my report as an AU? Think the prestige of the Amex could assist me a few months down the line?



Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $6500 - Barclaycard Apple: $2000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $3700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $1700
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,824
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

[ Edited ]

Jasir wrote:

i just thought of this: I asked a friend to add me as an AU to his Amex on June 7th. He said he chose to add me to a different card instead, but told me after he added me the was maxed out. I told him to remove me then because I feared a mazed out card (didn't think it was Amex) would do more harm than good. I presume this is the reporting before it was able to be removed (unless he didn't remove me). I will check into this on his end.

 

If he didn't remove me should I keep the near-maxed out Amex on my report as an AU? Think the prestige of the Amex could assist me a few months down the line?


Answer Oh H - l l

NO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update


myjourney wrote:

 

If he didn't remove me should I keep the near-maxed out Amex on my report as an AU? Think the prestige of the Amex could assist me a few months down the line?


Answer Oh H - l l

NO


Lol. I just checked my email history; he said he added me to UBT since his Amex was a charge card. The UBT he said was at about 90% UTL on a $1200 CL I believe. I remember looking up UBT and they seem to be small bank he may have had for a long time. He's a secretive bugger and not very clear when he explains his credit finances!



Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $6500 - Barclaycard Apple: $2000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $3700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $1700
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,824
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update


Jasir wrote:

myjourney wrote:

 

If he didn't remove me should I keep the near-maxed out Amex on my report as an AU? Think the prestige of the Amex could assist me a few months down the line?


Answer Oh H - l l

NO


Lol. I just checked my email history; he said he added me to UBT since his Amex was a charge card. The UBT he said was at about 90% UTL on a $1200 CL I believe. I remember looking up UBT and they seem to be small bank he may have had for a long time. He's a secretive bugger and not very clear when he explains his credit finances!


Lol

Maxed out cards do you no good in fact hurt scores ...sorry but you know me (truth)Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

Thanks for the advice & reminder. I already was trying to figure a wau to salvage this blunder, lol! Can I call Experian and claim a dispute on the Amex accounts and then be allowed to view the credit report free that way?



Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $6500 - Barclaycard Apple: $2000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $3700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $1700
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

If u havent gotten your free annual report go to annualreport.com i believe is the link. Then u can dispute it. Or just csll the bank and remove yourself as au...or je might have to do it homself since hes the main account holder...gl!


GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

Sorry for the typos...damn iphone and fat fingers...lol


GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.