Valued Contributor
djc1puno

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

I would ask to be removed since its a high util unless he can get it down quick...IMO it'll just hurt your cr if you keep it...I would just ask him to remove you...gl

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
New Contributor
GatorGuy

Default4 wrote:

Credit Sesame has been glitching for me lately and everything that shows up on the monitoring shows twice. I got a cli from GE and it said I got two increases. So it is likely the one AU account showing up. If that's a charge card utilization doesn't matter, but depending on what your profile looks like being an au isn't really going to help much anyways. 

This. I have been experiencing the double posting as well. So I concur that it is most likely the one AU posted and is just showing up twice on credit sesame.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Regular Contributor
Jasir

Thanks all! My friend said he removed me a few weeks ago when I decided "no thanks" when he told me was near maxed out. Maybe it just couldn't be taken off before it hit one report cycle? How do I confirm I am actually off and remove the tradeline from my reports?

Gardening since Jan 1, 2014 (last app Dec 31, 2013)

Amex BCE: $6000 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $3500 - Barclaycard Rewards: $2050 - Chase Freedom: $1700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $800 - Chase Slate: $1000 - CLOSED
Frequent Contributor
Exonumist

Pull your reports and dispute for it not being your account. It will be deleted.

Current Scores: TU 766 (2/27/14), EX 755 (4/20/13), EQ 729 (1/28/14)
Goal Scores: 780+
Last App: March 21, 2014
New Contributor
melbaro

[ Edited ]

Leave the Amex on there! I believe you said it was a charge card which does NOT factor in utilization! If anything, when you apply down the road, whether it is a few years from now or not, you can have your card backdated to 2013. Just keep in mind that you are an additional cardmember according to AMEX...slightly different from an AU.

EDIT: Just read through this thread again...it is a charge card...do not dispute it! Pretty much all the advice given in this thread is useless.

Regular Contributor
Jasir

i just got off the phone with Amex. I was already removed as an AU, but because the statement cut one day after I was added the account reported to the CB.

Even if a charge card doesn't hurt me I am already getting a headache dealing with being an AU (I like to be in control!). So I won't be adding Amex or any other tradelines as an AU. I will just let my 4 cards grow with me & if they don't, well, divorce them & find a better companion!

Gardening since Jan 1, 2014 (last app Dec 31, 2013)

Amex BCE: $6000 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $3500 - Barclaycard Rewards: $2050 - Chase Freedom: $1700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $800 - Chase Slate: $1000 - CLOSED
Frequent Contributor
Exonumist

melbaro wrote:

Leave the Amex on there! I believe you said it was a charge card which does NOT factor in utilization! If anything, when you apply down the road, whether it is a few years from now or not, you can have your card backdated to 2013. Just keep in mind that you are an additional cardmember according to AMEX...slightly different from an AU.

EDIT: Just read through this thread again...it is a charge card...do not dispute it! Pretty much all the advice given in this thread is useless.

Sorry but this is wrong. Being an AU on an AMEX does not entitle you to backdating. 

Frequent Contributor
Exonumist

Jasir wrote:

I will just let my 4 cards grow with me & if they don't, well, divorce them & find a better companion!

That is probably best. Give it time and your scores and cards will grow!

New Contributor
melbaro

Default4 wrote:

melbaro wrote:

Sorry but this is wrong. Being an AU on an AMEX does not entitle you to backdating. 

It does, but only to when you are added as an additional cardmember...not the original cardholders date. Otherwise my card and login would say 2012...not 1999.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+