Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Advise Which BofA Number is the Right One to Use

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Advise Which BofA Number is the Right One to Use

There are two numbers listed for BofA and not sure which one to use:

credit dept 866-506-5067 or credit analyst 866-865-7842.  I used the analyst number for my reconn.  Which one should be used if you decide to call for a CLI?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Advise Which BofA Number is the Right One to Use

analyst
Message 2 of 3
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Please Advise Which BofA Number is the Right One to Use

PurpleHaze wrote:
There are two numbers listed for BofA and not sure which one to use:

credit dept 866-506-5067 or credit analyst 866-865-7842.  I used the analyst number for my reconn.  Which one should be used if you decide to call for a CLI?

I could swear I read a later post on the backdoor number thread saying the 7842 number was no longer 'good'. 

I had to call the 5067 number today to find out why my own online CLI request was denied, after I discovered this morning that they'd merely shifted CL's around between my 2 cc's with them instead of giving me an actual CLI, so that one's still good.

For anyone wanting to know what shot me down, I was turned down because they're my highest CL, because my accounts are too new (2-3 mos), because they've given me all the available credit they're comfortable doing relative to my income right now, and because my credit history's still toddler-aged.

Good luck, PH!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.