Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Explain How Hard Pulls Work For CLI'S

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Please Explain How Hard Pulls Work For CLI'S

I know what they do to the report. What I don't know is when one is pulled who makes the ultimate decision on how much you are given? Is it a computer, or a human being. For example, if you asked for a 2k increase and the say we can actually move you to 4 or 5 , is it computer based, or varies with each lender?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Explain How Hard Pulls Work For CLI'S

In my experience, if there is an automated way of doing it, for example requesting online, or through the automated phone system, those are generally computer based general requests.  If for some reason the computer detects something wrong, it will usually say request denied, or need more info and that is when it will usually go to an actual person to make a decision, where you'll need to call in to get the final word.  And as most people have said, the automated way will generally be a soft pull, and if it goes further it will usually be a hard pull.  That's not to say that all hard pulls are done by a person though, so just keep that in mind.

Message 2 of 4
plasticguy
Established Contributor

guess I'm not asking the question right. When a hard is done, who determines the CLI, the computer or a human
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@plasticguy wrote:
guess I'm not asking the question right. When a hard is done, who determines the CLI, the computer or a human

I don't know.  Smiley Happy

I suspect it varies by lender.

I'd bet that any response you get to your question will be opinion or guess, rather than established fact.

I was pretty cheesed when I asked for a CLI on my Home Depot store card online, and Citi pulled a hard on EQ. I had never asked for one before, either, so it wasn't like I had pushed and pushed their comfort level until they pulled a hard.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.