cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP- Need App advice!!!

tag
k1dk1ck

Please HELP- Need App advice!!!

I have a delimma and I have no idead what to do. It has taken 7 months for my score to recover from my last app party and car loan. I started at 730 and just today I jumped 12 points to 720. Here is the problem. I really want to app, I can't think of anything else since I saw the score jump. I am at 34% Utilization and my total credit is at $45,600. Everything can go south quickly because we just bought a 2,100 treadmill. I put it on my sears card for 18 months no interest ( and AA miles through portal ) and now my UTI will go up on the 8th of next month, likely dropping my score.

I have 3 statements that will close and report before the treadmill shows up, hopefully increasing my score.

Here are my options as I see it

#1 App on the Feb 7th before my sears card statement closes

#2 Pay $2,100 on another card both increasing my score and not changing my UTI (Could use the case but still app on the 7th )

#3 or take it on the chin and wait till tax refund comes pay off more cards to lower my UTI and wait until my score recovers and continue to garden.

P.S

I can pay this bill in full but it's 18 months no interest, and I have a big trip coming up where I like having cash around.

Discover More (3,000), Hilton AMEX Surpass (1,000), SPG AMEX (2,000), Barclay's Frontier Airlines (5,000), BOA Worldpoints ( 8,000), Citi AA Plat (11,500), Sears (3,600), Best buy (2,500), Citi Hilton (9,000), Citi Hilton Reserve (4,000), US Bank Club Carlson Premier (5,000) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (8,000)

Starting Score: 684
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
k1dk1ck

Re: Please HELP- Need App advice!!!

Not sure if it helps but I am gunning for the Sapphire Preferred and the Ink Plus

Discover More (3,000), Hilton AMEX Surpass (1,000), SPG AMEX (2,000), Barclay's Frontier Airlines (5,000), BOA Worldpoints ( 8,000), Citi AA Plat (11,500), Sears (3,600), Best buy (2,500), Citi Hilton (9,000), Citi Hilton Reserve (4,000), US Bank Club Carlson Premier (5,000) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (8,000)

Starting Score: 684
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Please HELP- Need App advice!!!

@k1dk1ck wrote:

Not sure if it helps but I am gunning for the Sapphire Preferred and the Ink Plus

I don't think you want to apply both card at once. Chase not only look at utilization, credit history and inquiries.  They will look at all other accounts as well.

Ron.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.