cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP me with Advice and to Find the right Card!!

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Please HELP me with Advice and to Find the right Card!!

Need some advice.I just recently had several delinquint Collections fall off my credit reports.Only one 6 year4 month collection remaining and its a small unpaid $800.00, with zero balance account. Taken seven years for many of the bad debts to fall off.That is the obvious bad news. The good news is I have excellent auto payment history that is on my credit reports and will be there till 2014. And I opened a Secured visa recently increased to ($2K) about 10 months ago that is also boosting my credit score. My TU-FICO 705,EQ-FICO 710,EX 708.

My question is can I get a Premium CC with decent line of credit, despite my one 6.4 year old collection on file, and with my current credit scores? I want a CitiBank AA Card.But i don't want to risk an inquiry unless I have good odds of approval. I had a unpaid AMEX Blue, and Circuit City Chase that went collection.I hear that both companies do blacklist, so they might be questionable options. Any suggestion on my status? How would you go about getting a new CC? Thanks

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Please HELP me with Advice and to Find the right Card!!

I know Amex may be out of the question for you but I was approved for a BCP with a 6 year 2 month old CO.. My scores are a bit higher but that is a hard card to get. So getting a top tier card is possible with a CO.  I can see you getting a Chase Freedom pretty much no problem.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 2 of 6
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Fico Tron

Thanks for responding.

Do you really think I could get a Chase Freedom approved?   5 months ago, I had a unpaid collection Chase Circuit City fall off my credit report. 7 years does go by pretty fast. Do they blacklist?  It certainly would be great news if they didn't hold my past account against me. Was your collection with the same company that issued you the new card?

Goal 750 Across

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would think that you should at least appy for an amex and chase card to see if you are blacklisted perhaps after you've already picked up a citi card. You may also look at wells fargo or a credit union.

Otherwise I do recommend discover card.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
patternofstars7
Contributor

Chase just recently approved me and I burned them for $1000 about 5  years ago. I did get the 7-10 message and denied but called in for recon and was approved for freedom (but I paid the CO off). Amex I hear is very tough almost impossible to get back in once you've burned them in past especially if it's still unpaid. I'm not sure what or if any cards you had, but for me I had to start with banks like capital one and orchard and after paying consecutive years on time prime lenders started sending me pre-approvals like crazy. Hope this helps and good luck.

Message 5 of 6
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@patternofstars7 wrote:

Chase just recently approved me and I burned them for $1000 about 5  years ago. I did get the 7-10 message and denied but called in for recon and was approved for freedom (but I paid the CO off). Amex I hear is very tough almost impossible to get back in once you've burned them in past especially if it's still unpaid. I'm not sure what or if any cards you had, but for me I had to start with banks like capital one and orchard and after paying consecutive years on time prime lenders started sending me pre-approvals like crazy. Hope this helps and good luck.

Not sure why but my inner voice is telling me that certain cards might be off limits because of prior pay history with them.Feel bad about that but what can we do when illness keeps us from paying bills? Anyway, lets hope I'm wrong about my chances.I've had a three Cap1's,with average credit limits of $1800. Had the Amex Blue-$4K limit,Circuit City Chase $3K limit,BofA platimum instant approved limit $5K.Sad thing is, all of them went unpaid after I stop working to care for a sick parent.Before I stopped working I was never late on anything! Oh well.

My immediate goal is to get the CitiBank Card AA,and would love to get back my Blue some where down the road.The back dating would be a huge plus!!!! I would like to get the Saphire Chase but afraid my prior history(Unpaid Chase Circuit City) and a 6.4 year old collection might stop me.

Goal 750 Across

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.