Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Refine My Cap1 EO Email

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Please Help Me Refine My Cap1 EO Email

Hello all...below is the email I am sending to the Cap1 EO. Please comment and advise on what I should add, change, delete, etc. Thank you all for your help.

Good Day,

I am writing to you today in the hopes that you are able to assist me in my request.

First, let me extend my thanks to Capital One for being instrumental in helping me build my credit to the healthy level it is today. However, my present credit limit and lack of any rewards on my current account does not allow me to utilize and enjoy my account to its fullest potential.

Therefore, I would like to change my Capital One Platinum Mastercard to a rewards level card with no annual fee, and a corresponding credit limit of $3,000. However, I would like this to be a soft-pull only, not a hard pull of my credit report.

If the above request is not possible with a soft-pull, then my request with a soft-pull would be a waiver of the annual fee of my existing account, along with a credit line increase of $1,250, bringing my existing account to $2,000.

If you require any further information, please feel free to call me at your convenience.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration.

My Name

(123) 456-7890

Acct. #: 1234-5678-9012-3456

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Please Help Me Refine My Cap1 EO Email

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all...below is the email I am sending to the Cap1 EO. Please comment and advise on what I should add, change, delete, etc. Thank you all for your help.

Good Day,

I am writing to you today in the hopes that you are able to assist me in my request.

First, let me extend my thanks to Capital One for being instrumental in helping me build my credit to the healthy level it is today. However, my present credit limit and lack of any rewards on my current account does not allow me to utilize and enjoy my account to its fullest potential.

Therefore, I would like to change my Capital One Platinum Mastercard to a rewards level card with no annual fee, and a corresponding credit limit of $3,000. However, I would like this to be a soft-pull only, not a hard pull of my credit report.

If the above request is not possible with a soft-pull, then my request with a soft-pull would be a waiver of the annual fee of my existing account, along with a credit line increase of $1,250, bringing my existing account to $2,000.

If you require any further information, please feel free to call me at your convenience.

My Name

(123) 456-7890

And then send 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

My Name

(123) 456-7890

And then send 

Thank you for your fast response. So, I understand...do not give them options, only what I really want...Smiley Wink Thanks again. I will post my results.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

My Name

(123) 456-7890

And then send 

Thank you for your fast response. So, I understand...do not give them options, only what I really want...Smiley Wink Thanks again. I will post my results.

You got it

Ask for what you want and reach for the stars....They have been pretty good about trying to please customers. Good luck I want to see a thread about you success. in fact i'm Looking forward to it .........Send 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Good Day,

My Name

(123) 456-7890

And then send 

I don't recall hearing anyone getting a HP from the EO for requests (could be wrong) but I think I would leave the SP request out as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
solxp
Contributor

Good Day,

I have enjoyed doing business with  Capital One however, my present credit limit does not allow me to use this card as often as I would wish. In addition it is hard for me to justify a card with a Annual fee that provides no benefit and has such a small limit when I have other cards that have no annual fee and higher limits along with rewards. I am hopping that I can change my card to a no annual fee and rewards version with a higher limit that meets my needs. 

My Name

(123) 456-7890

Keep it short to the point and brief. You could include a 10 page letter it will not change anything. The person assigned to follow up will still ask you specific questions which you should answer but dont over share. They will tell you what they can offer and they will notifiy you if it requires a hardpull. 99% of the time it will be a soft pull for the first go round its only if you try to insist on more then there counter offer that they may tell you it will require a hard pull. If you have higher limit cards stress that fact during your conversation not in the email. One the phone with them stress certain things if they apply to your specific case. Like I PIF every month. I am forced to spread my purchases over multiple cards each month due to the lower limit I have on my capitol one card. There are some purchases I can not even consider using my capital one card for because of the low limit and I have to use XXX card instead that has a much higher limit. Keep in mind they can and will see all the cards you currently have and thier lmits along with balances. if you want 3000 cl ask for 5-6cl give them room to counter. the no AF and adding rewards is like 100% for sure for most people when you contact the EO office however thier more likely to match other card rather then be the high kid in your wallet. 

Message 6 of 7
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I agree not to add too many specific requests in the email, no account number in the email, and based on your scores in your sig, I would ask for at least $5k.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.