cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please give me your opinion

tag
dracktw

Please give me your opinion

I have 2 capital ones account with 500$ each one, I got them when I was building my credit, I contacted them but they refuse to increase my limits or remove the Annual fee, so IM thinking on closing them.

Capital one 500$ balance 0$ annual fee 39$

Date Open:

07/01/2011

Capital one 500$ balance 50$ annual fee 30$

Date Open:11/01/2009

bank of America  open 2013

bank of America  open 2008

chase Amazon open 2012

discover it open 2013

paypal  open 2013

priceline  open 2013 

Sam club  open 2013

My Credit Used10% 

scores are 700+ on trans,ex.,expo

will this affect my credit? IM planning in buying a house soon.

also what credit cards im missing on my colection? Smiley Very Happy please let me know.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please give me your opinion

Google Capital One CEO email address. Send that man an email stating that you have had your Capital One credit cards for several years, and have been unable to get a CLI through customer service. Tell him you'd like to have someone take a more personal look at your file. Leave your name and a good phone number. Wait for them to call, and tell them that you would like a CLI to $2500 or whatever would make you happy (ask for more than you want). Tell them you would also like your AF waived for life, and some rewards would be nice too (miles or cash back, your call). Wait for them to call back with your new terms.

Know what you want before they call you though, and be honest about why you want the CLI, etc.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 9
dracktw

thanks alot, i send an email to the CEO  lets see what happen!.

Message 3 of 9
aad041109
Established Member

I contacted them recently and they doubled my Credit Line after being stuck for several years at 750. Which I was very happy about. Just be polite in the email and I'm sure you will have positive results. Good luck with your CLI!

Starting Score: 520s (BK7 in 09/08)
Current Score: EQ 676, TU 662 (MyFico Scores)
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge | In the Garden until 10/2013 | Last App in 04/13 (Barclay Card & Cap1 CLI)
Message 4 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@dracktw wrote:

I have 2 capital ones account with 500$ each one, I got them when I was building my credit, I contacted them but they refuse to increase my limits or remove the Annual fee, so IM thinking on closing them.

Capital one 500$ balance 0$ annual fee 39$

Date Open:

07/01/2011

Capital one 500$ balance 50$ annual fee 30$

Date Open:11/01/2009

bank of America  open 2013

bank of America  open 2008

chase Amazon open 2012

discover it open 2013

paypal  open 2013

priceline  open 2013 

Sam club  open 2013

My Credit Used10% 

scores are 700+ on trans,ex.,expo

will this affect my credit? IM planning in buying a house soon.

also what credit cards im missing on my colection? Smiley Very Happy please let me know.

1 - To answer your question about closing the accounts and affect on your credit; depending on your total CL across all cards, the effect will be minimal.  You're talking about $1000 total reduction in your available credit, that's not really a significant amount, unless your total CL across all remaining cards is in the vicinity of $5K.  I'm guessing your total CL is more than that so losing $1K won't hurt very much.  AND, even though they would be closed accounts, they will still show up on your credit reports for at least 10 years.  You're AAofA may take a bit of a hit, but in the big picture scheme of things, I don't think it will hurt you very much. 

2 - What cards are you missing from your collection?  First, what BofA cards do you have?  And what do you want to accomplish with additional cards?  Looking for rewards cards?  Looking for low interest/no frills cards?  Looking for 0% for xx months for BT cards?  NPSL charge card?   Just really depends on what you're looking for in a card.

Message 5 of 9
dracktw

thank you for your answer.. right now i would like to get 0% for few months Smiley Very Happy, about my bank of america cards are REWARDS, so even if i close my capital ones stay on my report for 10years? thats great, thanks for the information, i will keep you guys posted about the answer from the capital one CEO.

Message 6 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You NEED AMEX BCE! Get yourself a pretty Amex :-) with amazing rewards!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 9
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@dracktw wrote:

You're missing the almighty 'CSP' (Chase Sapphire Preferred) - It's obligatory in this forum !!!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

1. I would call CAp backdoor number and request CLI with them. It's all done with SP and so many ppl in this forum have luck this way.
  2. You shouldn't take anyone advice and apply for anything right now since you going to buy a house soon as you mentioned above........The credit inquiry, new account hit would cost you about 20 to 40 points plus you have so many card apply this year.( negative side to creditor)
  3. Time to garden and let those seeds grow with you and good luck with your house.( Trust me  I'm in the same situation i know exactly how you feelin'. My credit score jumb almost +100points since my last apps spree and now i stuck outta no where because i going to buy a house soon )
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.