Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!! Citi CC

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Please help!! Citi CC

Hello Knowledgeable People!!

I have a new Citi Credit Card. Does anyone know how to change the billing due date? All my other CC have been set for one specific date, I spoke with the CS department and received a slew of unhelpful answers generally leading to "you have to wait until the year anniversary to change that date". Another question concerning pending transactions.... I do not see them online. Is this standard? Citi does not offer individual spending alerts so I have to wait until they post on the statement. If anyone knows I would appreciate immensely. This Citi card is not what I expected. Thanks so much!

Sean

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help!! Citi CC

You should be able to change the statement due date immediately, unless they changed their policy recently. I called in to do this the first week I had my card.

And yes, the Citi online account is a bit outdated. You cannot see pending transactions, only posted transactions, which is quite annoying. Pending charges will reduce your total available credit though even before they post.

Some good things are that rewards points post very quickly (when the statement generates each month) and their Secure Message Center is efficient for communicating issues. If calling in about the due date didn't help I'd suggest sending a secure message. They usually respond within an hour.

Message 2 of 8
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your quick answer Smiley Happy It's awesome to know that day or night someone can always get help. I will send a message because the lady I just spoke with said to call after the first statement. The other thing that is lacking is any alerts for any type of charge... O well. Thanks! Very kind of you to answer so promptly Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nenuco wrote:

Thanks for your quick answer Smiley Happy It's awesome to know that day or night someone can always get help. I will send a message because the lady I just spoke with said to call after the first statement. The other thing that is lacking is any alerts for any type of charge... O well. Thanks! Very kind of you to answer so promptly Smiley Happy

No problem! I'm not sure what you mean by "alerts for any type of charge." To set up alerts (either email or phone) go to Tools & Services (tab on top of page) --> View and update card options --> Alerting Service (Make Changes) and you will see a whole list of alerts you can sign up for. If I understand what you want correctly, you can set an alert for when the outstanding balance exceeds a certain amount.

Good luck getting everything settled!

Message 4 of 8
clocktick
Valued Contributor

When I called before I received the card, they asked me if I wanted to change the due date.  Maybe you can call again and get a different CSR.  Good luck!

I love my Citi cards.  They tend to give good CLs, good CLIs and have great BT offers.  I'm using one right now that is good for 21 months 0%!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can do mine online. Under Services there is an option called "Change Payment Due Date". You just select the card you want to change the due date for and then pick a new date. According to their disclaimer it can take up to two billing cycles.

Message 6 of 8
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not see this option under benefits and services. I'll wait until the first statements cuts, hopefully then I can change it. Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nenuco wrote:

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not see this option under benefits and services. I'll wait until the first statements cuts, hopefully then I can change it. Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

Mine only says Services, I wonder if that is because I log in through my checking account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.