Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help...I'm alittle nervous

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please help...I'm alittle nervous

@Jlu wrote:

To everyone who thinks I'm just being a meankitty, I'm not. I was being real. This culture of extreme app spreeing isn't healthy. An app spree used to mean 3-5 well placed apps within a short time span. snowkitty is only the most recent, I seem to remember someone having 15 new accounts in a short period of time. I don't believe it is wise to encourage this behavior - it can lead to AA/closures and some of these folks may not be using credit for fun like some of us but instead actually need it as part of raising a family or even providing essentials for themselves (times are tough). So yeah, regardless of the fact that OP has a cute&cuddly name like snowkitty, I'm going to be real because people (unfortunately) use these forums for real financial advice.

Your point is well taken that app sprees need to be embarked upon judiciously instead of recklessly. But, I don't believe that anyone on this thread has been encouraging reckless behavior. The OP is new and is just learning these things and will most likely take this into account when apping in the future. I think that most of us have done something with our credit at one point or another that we thought better of after the fact. I know that I have. The point is that what's done is done, and the best course of action for the OP is to sit tight and see how things play out. Overall, that's the gist of the advice that was given.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Whatever happens is going to happen regardless, just no apps for 1 year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 25
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Your point is well taken that app sprees need to be embarked upon judiciously instead of recklessly. But, I don't believe that anyone on this thread has been encouraging reckless behavior. The OP is new and is just learning these things and will most likely take this into account when apping in the future. I think that most of us have done something with our credit at one point or another that we thought better of after the fact. I know that I have. The point is that what's done is done, and the best course of action for the OP is to sit tight and see how things play out. Overall, that's the gist of the advice that was given.

Well said Tinuviel.

Message 23 of 25
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Thanks for all your help Cat Very Happy   You can find me in the garden 

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 24 of 25
2ndTimeAround2012
Valued Member

@snowkitty wrote:

Thanks for all your help Cat Very Happy   You can find me in the garden 

+1 Good decision!

Rebuilding Mode!
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.