cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, help. I need credit card with longest 0% APR offer and good priviliges

tag
ebaniaga
Established Member

Re: Please, help. I need credit card with longest 0% APR offer and good priviliges

Message 11 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please, help. I need credit card with longest 0% APR offer and good priviliges

@ebaniaga wrote:

CITI is offering 21 mos.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/platinum/external/affiliate/Sep2010/21BT/default.htm?BTData=C02...

A closer look at the terms shows this:

The balance transfer fee is either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

IMO a 5% transfer fee is too high but everyone has to decide that for themselves. 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 12 of 19
ebaniaga
Established Member

OP isn't looking for a balance transfer, rather a card that they could use without having to pay off immediately or accrue interest so they can make payments on the other cards that currently hold interest.

This is actually a really great offer, basically 2 years without interest (twice as better than most cards out there).

Message 13 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ebaniaga wrote:

OP isn't looking for a balance transfer, rather a card that they could use without having to pay off immediately or accrue interest so they can make payments on the other cards that currently hold interest.

This is actually a really great offer, basically 2 years without interest (twice as better than most cards out there).

The link you provided shows a card with a 21 month interest free offer that is only good on BT's so it's a BT or nothing to get that 0% APR. I might be just misunderstanding what you are saying. That happens to me alot.  Smiley Happy

And it's not actually interest free if you have to pay a 5% transaction fee.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ebaniaga wrote:

CITI is offering 21 mos.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/platinum/external/affiliate/Sep2010/21BT/default.htm?BTData=C02...

Thanks a lot. That is awesome but first, I have this card and second I need a card for purchases not balance transfers

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ebaniaga wrote:

You are right! Thanks for clarifying. What I need is 0% on purchases. By the way, please, help me take this decision a Discover just offered e something, either Discover More with 9 months 0% APR and $75 cashback when I make purchases of $500 in the first 3 months or 0% APR on purchases for 12 months but no cashback offer.

What do you think?

Message 16 of 19
jthompson5254
Valued Member

@Tazman81 wrote:
if you are adding additional debt to your credit cards then the 0% is not going to do you any good.

Jeez stop being so judgemental and answer the question posed. Maybe the OP is living light but still has to go into debt. Maybe he's unemployed and unemployment won't cut it. The OP should look at expenses and make sure he is living as tight as possible but if he has to use a credit card he should be using a 0% credit card.

Message 17 of 19
jthompson5254
Valued Member

@MarineVietVet wrote:

A closer look at the terms shows this:

The balance transfer fee is either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

IMO a 5% transfer fee is too high but everyone has to decide that for themselves. 

But no one gets even near Citi's offer of 21 months. While you might find a 3% card offering 12 months, the extra 2% is worth it for the extra 9 months. Actually alot of cards are 4%

Message 18 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@jthompson5254 wrote:

But no one gets even near Citi's offer of 21 months. While you might find a 3% card offering 12 months, the extra 2% is worth it for the extra 9 months. Actually alot of cards are 4%

That's why I said everyone has to decide for themselves if the offer is right for them.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.