Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me form a game plan w/ these cards

tag
heygirlhey
Established Member

Please help me form a game plan w/ these cards

Hi Everyone,

Here is my dilemma, in the fall I would like to get a new (or new to me) car. I want to get a great interest rate so I already know I will be going thru a credit union. My question is how can I best maximize these next 7 months so that I can have credit scores that will insure a great intrest rate?

I've newly acquired the credit cards in my siggy and will have a balance reporting on only the Discover. I was recently denied AMEX and the score said 659EX. The other scores are (each from approval or denial letters) 745EQ,  and 660TU. Those will probably take a dive now right? How soon will they bounce back?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please help me form a game plan w/ these cards

@heygirlhey wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Here is my dilemma, in the fall I would like to get a new (or new to me) car. I want to get a great interest rate so I already know I will be going thru a credit union. My question is how can I best maximize these next 7 months so that I can have credit scores that will insure a great intrest rate?

I've newly acquired the credit cards in my siggy and will have a balance reporting on only the Discover. I was recently denied AMEX and the score said 659EX. The other scores are (each from approval or denial letters) 745EQ,  and 660TU. Those will probably take a dive now right? How soon will they bounce back?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses!

If these are all the cards you have then you are likely to see not so big of a drop due to score increases from adding new accounts. Best way to raise your score is to use them pay them all off before statement cuts with the exception of 1 that you will let report 1-9% of its individual CL. I would also be working on any negative items that appear in your credit file during this period of time as well. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
heygirlhey
Established Member

Re: Please help me form a game plan w/ these cards

Hi Gdale6,

The 2 negatives I have on my report are medical. One is an error but is due to drop off in November so I didnt want to "wake a sleeping giant" so to speak. The other hasn't reported since '11.  I was just going to leave both of them alone until I get my car.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.