Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

Bluebird lets you to pay bills, send checks to your mortage, car, renter companier/persons for free. Thats how people meet spend requirements using BlueBird

Valued Contributor

The OP is talking about a revolver in the amex class of credit cards. Bluebird has nothing to do with it. You can pretty much buy anything with Bird, since it's a debit card with swipe POS through the amex network.

Established Contributor

Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

Only if you read the Headline, he wants to achieve Min spen req. Buy reload card, put it on Bluebird, send checks to Mortgage, Auto loan, landlord etc etc. No one is talking about AMEX network or Visa network here

Valued Contributor

Can you buy Amex travellers checks? Well maybe the fee for them would wipe out the benefit of the bonus rewards. I'm not sure about that. 

259/21001600/16002400/25002000/2000,2013 Scores (Initially none cause I had no credit at all then TU:519 Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 659....Link to my Rebuild Log
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

How is he using his BCE then? Please, enlighten us.

...I'm fairly sure it's a BIG NO NO to try and buy prepaid cards with an Amex charger/revolver, unless it's another Amex prepaid, through their own website.

Established Contributor

Is it really Rocket Science to you?

Blue Vanilla Reload (1000$) using your BCE -> Load it you your Bluebird -> Pay rent/mortage/car loan whatever (Spending req met) 

Valued Contributor

...and he gets closed by Amex. Then what?

Established Contributor

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

How is he using his BCE then? Please, enlighten us.

...I'm fairly sure it's a BIG NO NO to try and buy prepaid cards with an Amex charger/revolver, unless it's another Amex prepaid, through their own website.

You edited your response on enlightening you. Read my previous posts, how many times I repeated its not encouraged to go this route but people do it. I have been doing it for over months. Met my spend req for AMEX platinum with 3000 reload cards.

Valued Contributor

It's violation of the cardholder agreement. Plain and simple. You risk closure. Smiley Sad

Established Contributor

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

It's violation of the cardholder agreement. Plain and simple. You risk closure. Smiley Sad

Where does it say you cant buy visa or mastercard gift cards in cardholder agreement.

It is indeed risky and YMMV but you initially twisted my replies, all I was trying to suggest OP a way to meet the requirement with possible outcomes.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.