Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Re: Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

Bluebird lets you to pay bills, send checks to your mortage, car, renter companier/persons for free. Thats how people meet spend requirements using BlueBird

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

The OP is talking about a revolver in the amex class of credit cards. Bluebird has nothing to do with it. You can pretty much buy anything with Bird, since it's a debit card with swipe POS through the amex network.

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

Only if you read the Headline, he wants to achieve Min spen req. Buy reload card, put it on Bluebird, send checks to Mortgage, Auto loan, landlord etc etc. No one is talking about AMEX network or Visa network here

Valued Contributor
dddewdrop

Can you buy Amex travellers checks? Well maybe the fee for them would wipe out the benefit of the bonus rewards. I'm not sure about that. 

0/10001100/13001346/16001699/2000Prepaid ,,Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 632...Link to my Rebuild Log
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

[ Edited ]

How is he using his BCE then? Please, enlighten us.

...I'm fairly sure it's a BIG NO NO to try and buy prepaid cards with an Amex charger/revolver, unless it's another Amex prepaid, through their own website.

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Is it really Rocket Science to you?

Blue Vanilla Reload (1000$) using your BCE -> Load it you your Bluebird -> Pay rent/mortage/car loan whatever (Spending req met) 

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

...and he gets closed by Amex. Then what?

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

How is he using his BCE then? Please, enlighten us.

...I'm fairly sure it's a BIG NO NO to try and buy prepaid cards with an Amex charger/revolver, unless it's another Amex prepaid, through their own website.

You edited your response on enlightening you. Read my previous posts, how many times I repeated its not encouraged to go this route but people do it. I have been doing it for over months. Met my spend req for AMEX platinum with 3000 reload cards.

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

It's violation of the cardholder agreement. Plain and simple. You risk closure. :smileysad:

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

It's violation of the cardholder agreement. Plain and simple. You risk closure. :smileysad:

Where does it say you cant buy visa or mastercard gift cards in cardholder agreement.

It is indeed risky and YMMV but you initially twisted my replies, all I was trying to suggest OP a way to meet the requirement with possible outcomes.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+