Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

Bluebird lets you to pay bills, send checks to your mortage, car, renter companier/persons for free. Thats how people meet spend requirements using BlueBird

Message 11 of 41
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The OP is talking about a revolver in the amex class of credit cards. Bluebird has nothing to do with it. You can pretty much buy anything with Bird, since it's a debit card with swipe POS through the amex network.

Message 12 of 41
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Please help me meet a minimum spend requirement

Only if you read the Headline, he wants to achieve Min spen req. Buy reload card, put it on Bluebird, send checks to Mortgage, Auto loan, landlord etc etc. No one is talking about AMEX network or Visa network here

Message 13 of 41
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Can you buy Amex travellers checks? Well maybe the fee for them would wipe out the benefit of the bonus rewards. I'm not sure about that. 

Message 14 of 41
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

How is he using his BCE then? Please, enlighten us.

...I'm fairly sure it's a BIG NO NO to try and buy prepaid cards with an Amex charger/revolver, unless it's another Amex prepaid, through their own website.

Message 15 of 41
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Is it really Rocket Science to you?

Blue Vanilla Reload (1000$) using your BCE -> Load it you your Bluebird -> Pay rent/mortage/car loan whatever (Spending req met) 

Message 16 of 41
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

...and he gets closed by Amex. Then what?

Message 17 of 41
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

How is he using his BCE then? Please, enlighten us.

...I'm fairly sure it's a BIG NO NO to try and buy prepaid cards with an Amex charger/revolver, unless it's another Amex prepaid, through their own website.

You edited your response on enlightening you. Read my previous posts, how many times I repeated its not encouraged to go this route but people do it. I have been doing it for over months. Met my spend req for AMEX platinum with 3000 reload cards.

Message 18 of 41
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

It's violation of the cardholder agreement. Plain and simple. You risk closure. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 41
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

It's violation of the cardholder agreement. Plain and simple. You risk closure. Smiley Sad

Where does it say you cant buy visa or mastercard gift cards in cardholder agreement.

It is indeed risky and YMMV but you initially twisted my replies, all I was trying to suggest OP a way to meet the requirement with possible outcomes.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.