Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me transferring balance

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Please help me transferring balance

I receivced an invitation from Chase for a balance transfer offer on my exisiting Chase SW Airline CC.

The only problem is that Chase won't transfer balance from any of my other Chase credit cards. I have CSP and Freedom other than Southwest. I am carrying large balances on my CSP and Freedom and zero balances on other credit cards (please see the cards in my sig).

Now I can withdraw cash from my other credit cards, pay off Chase SW in full and then transfer balances. The only issue is, I'll have to pay high cash advance fees for cash withdrawals and then again a 3% balance transfer fee to take advantage of the offer. Is there any work around? Appreciate your help.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Please help me transferring balance

Maybe apply for Discover IT? 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months.

Message 2 of 5
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Thanks LawStudentCivilis Smiley Happy

I was thinking the same i.e. applying for Discover IT.

I'll see if anyone else comes up with any other viable options.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 3 of 5
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I have one of Capital One's "prime" cards (Cash Rewards) and was able to transfer a balance from Chase card painlessly and very quickly might I add. Their BT 0% APR is for only 12 months though. I think it took 3 days max to have the amount reflecting on my Cap One card.

Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

You can check out citi simplicity. There's a 21 month no interest offer.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.