Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me with CareCredit

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please help me with CareCredit

OKAY TNT, I just got off the automated phone call and asked for the amount you recommedend and I was approved for $900.00 more, lol.

After I hung up I thought to myself " who needs $5,000 dollars at a lenscrafters retail store?" Lol, 1500 was plenty for that store, so I'm assuming there is a cutt off limit for this store, no?

And you don't think it will be a hard pull?? after I requested the amount the automated person asked additional question...if I rent or own...which i'm worried that it hard pulled me....Smiley Embarassed being greedy biting me in the butt?? I hope i didn't get a Hard pull for $900 bucks....if I didn't AWESOME...getting my low limits out of the 1k zone.

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 21 of 29
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@percy81 wrote:

OKAY TNT, I just got off the automated phone call and asked for the amount you recommedend and I was approved for $900.00 more, lol.

After I hung up I thought to myself " who needs $5,000 dollars at a lenscrafters retail store?" Lol, 1500 was plenty for that store, so I'm assuming there is a cutt off limit for this store, no?

And you don't think it will be a hard pull?? after I requested the amount the automated person asked additional question...if I rent or own...which i'm worried that it hard pulled me....Smiley Embarassed being greedy biting me in the butt?? I hope i didn't get a Hard pull for $900 bucks....if I didn't AWESOME...getting my low limits out of the 1k zone.

Congrats!  $900 will help with the utilization as well as give you a higher CL for future use/reference, so it's still a good thing.  And you're right - who needs $5000 at Lenscrafters? Smiley Tongue

I've never got the "rent/own" question, so I'm not sure what that means.  If it turns out to be a HP, then I apologize; I have only ever heard of Care Credit being a HP, but none of the other GE cards.

And yes, seeing your limits go up is very gratifying.  I'm working on that right now for myself, and it's nice to see your hard work rewarded.

Oh yeah... have you emailed the CapOne EO yet? Smiley Wink (really need a "devil's horns" emoticon here) 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 22 of 29
Smug
Established Contributor

Your credit is pretty easy I went from 1000 and 10,000 was just a phone call I've been sitting at 10,000 for about a year but I'm in the garden now.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 23 of 29
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  My sister-in-law spends at Lenscrafters like she's rich....only she doesn't NEED glasses, she just loves wearing different frames.  Go figure!  She may be the one who needs a $5k line there!

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 24 of 29
percy81
Frequent Contributor

LOL@ Fish!!!

And TNT, i've given up on Captial One. I'm pretty content at the moment....runs and gets a saw for TNT's Horns Smiley LOL

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 25 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@percy81 wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

@percy81 wrote:

THANKS TO CREDITADDICT cheering me on I called back for more $$$ hahahaSmiley Happy I just got off the phone with an automated machine, no humans involved and asked to be raised to $10,000 and was INSTANTLY APPROVED!!! Then I hear CREDITADDICT in my head saying "go for the sky." Well I didn't want to be greedy sooooo I'm happy with the 10k, it will be great for the utilization I was mainly concerned with....I was hearing good things about how care credit is generous but calling months later requires additional hard pulls, so I did the call while my report was still fresh.

The 7k was going to be enough for my utilization, but hearing all the generous talk I figured this is my chance to FINALLY be in the over 10 k group (on one card, not combined) Thanks everyone, that call was effortless, I have a feeling I could have gotten 20k lol, but NEVER get greedy it could bite ya! Smiley Wink

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Now, what about calling for a CLI on your Lenscrafters (should also be automated request), and emailing the CapOne EO about a CLI? Smiley Tongue  

You know for sure lenscrafters will be automated? And wont they see they JUST gave me 10k on another account and decline? Also, lenscrafters has only 1500 on it, what should I ask for? Smiley Very Happy Just when I think i'm done.....TNT comes in and gets my credit obsession blown up, yes that was a pun. Smiley Happy

YAY, Makes me have a Happy start to a Monday to see.

LOL "Now, What about calling for a CLI on Lenscrafters!?"

It is an automated system, I would ask for $3-$4k through automated and it should counter.  If you don't want to talk to anyone that is.

OH SORRY, I didn't see the rest of the posts!

CONGRATS for your new love of GE Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Whyyyyyy Thank you! *bows*Smiley Happy

Goal 800+
Message 27 of 29
clz123

I just want to say thank you to this forum. I applied for Care Credit Sept last year and received a 1000.00 limit which was nice but not near enough for what I needed. After seeing this post I called in and asked for 8000. After going through an automated system, a CSR and then someone else, I was approved for 8k! 

Since my BK in 05 I have had very low "credit" self-esteem and it didn't help that Cap One couldn't see granting me more than a 500 limit, even after EO review. I am glad I took a chance and especially thankful for these boards to help rebuild my credit all these years to even make this approval possible!

BTW my scores went from 550 or so immediately after BK to 675/700 as of last week.

Message 28 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@clz123 wrote:

I just want to say thank you to this forum. I applied for Care Credit Sept last year and received a 1000.00 limit which was nice but not near enough for what I needed. After seeing this post I called in and asked for 8000. After going through an automated system, a CSR and then someone else, I was approved for 8k! 

Since my BK in 05 I have had very low "credit" self-esteem and it didn't help that Cap One couldn't see granting me more than a 500 limit, even after EO review. I am glad I took a chance and especially thankful for these boards to help rebuild my credit all these years to even make this approval possible!

BTW my scores went from 550 or so immediately after BK to 675/700 as of last week.

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.