Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help...question about reporting times for CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help...question about reporting times for CC

Hello all! I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.

I am so very close to getting a 620 and qualifying for a mortgage loan.

I've never used credit cards, don't like the temptation of them and try to only buy what

I can afford within reason. Of course, my credit has suffered so I signed up for a secured card

with a $320 limit. My mortgage lender says that once that card starts reporting, I will see a jump of @25-30

points on my scores (she's run it through a simulator).

I have used the card, paid it down twice and received a statement but nothing yet.

It's been around 45 days and it's driving me nuts waiting. I have to be out of my rental in

40 days or so and I am poised to make an offer...as soon as this freaking card shows up.

**To those with experience with this sort of thing, how long did it take your cards to start reporting?

**Is there anything else I can do other than waiting to speed up this process?

Thanks so much for listening!

-seeker

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Please help...question about reporting times for CC

If you pay it down before the ccc reports, your credit will alsways show a "0" balance.

Buy something for (for instance) $75.  Wait for statement...then pay $40.00  This balance will soon show up on your CR. Then if you wantpay it off.  It's good to have some usage showing. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which CC is it?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.