Did you mean: 

Please post Duck card denials

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please post Duck card denials

@12njoy wrote:

@gdale6,

Thanks.  I may have to forgo the Duck card and continue to grow what I have.  Hopefully Amex will give me a 3x CLI on my BCE in March followed by an increase from USAA on my Visa.  If I can get both of those to $19,800 and $13,000 respectively, I'll be content.  I'm currently at $58,400 accumulated credit with utilization at 2%.  I don't really need any more credit, but it sure looks nice sitting there.  I've got plenty of growth room with my Amex cards, especially the two low limit ones at $2,000.  I'm also hoping Amex gives me the pay over time feature at the end of this month since it will be my sixth month anniversary.  I started out the gate on the PRG card with a NPSL of $10,000 and I'm now at $15,000.  I've run $29,000 through that card from July to December 2013 so I have my fingers crossed that I won't have to wait a whole year for the feature.  I like how the charge card is not factored into your utilization, so if I had to carry a balance for one month, it wouldn't effect my utilization.

Do any of us really need the credit we are going after?? LOL. I don't really know if its drying up or not I see someone was just app for 15K with a 720 or so score. My start limit was prob not 5 figure due to income (30-40k range) and the fact I am already pushing more credit over total income.

Message 31 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6,

I'll sit back and watch and see what happens with the Duck card.  No other new cards on the horizon for me.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 32 of 63
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@gdale6,

I'll sit back and watch and see what happens with the Duck card.  No other new cards on the horizon for me.

+1...sounds like a good idea...lol

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 33 of 63
ayles
Established Contributor

Just thought I would chime in.

I applied for the Duck on Jan 2nd, got the 7-10 business day message. Called a couple of days later and was told I was denied due to my bk (4 years post this Oct) and delinquencies (had a 60 day late on an auto loan back in 09, account has been since paid). I explained why I had to file for bk (left my abusive ex husband, joint debt) and the late payment (ex was responsible for car after divorce but got late) and that since both things I have had good credit (which I have, low uti and pif every month and on time). She said she would share the info with the uw and call me back. She called the next day and told me I was approved for $500. I was ecstatic.  I know these types of limits are referred to as "toy" limits but I don't care much for that term. I want to not be tempted to live too beyond my means and don't need too much debt with no assurance to pay back. I'm perfectly content with my limit and know it'll grow if and when I do financially.  Until then I'd rather it didn't.  

Hope this is helpful! 

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 34 of 63
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@efranklin23,

I see, like me, you have that little straggler on your siggy (Tropical Financial).  I was considering closing my little straggler (USAA $600 card), but it's a year old so it's helping my very short AAoA. Smiley LOL

Yea, I was going to wait until it hits a full year (May) and then request a CLI to 5000. I learned late last year that the card is linked to FIA Card Services (which is good news for me as of late)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 35 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@efranklin23,

Good plan. Someone said if I close mine it won't effect my FICO score. I might go ahead and close it since its only and my last secured card. I'll be asking for a cli on my new USAA visa in July and hopefully they increase it to $13000 like they did on my USAA Amex. Also in March I'm hitting Amex up for a 3x cli and hopefully get to 18k. Who knew 2 years ago I would be here
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 36 of 63
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@kiasmith1974 wrote:

I was denied with an EQ score of 634. It is my lowest score and has 1 collection of $56 and 2 180 sallie may lates. My EX and TU were both 670 but they used EQ.

My DH was approved for a $1500 cl with an EQ score of 690+ and high uti at the time. His only cards are a kays store card and AU on my cards

wonder what the kays card was for.  Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 63
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

I apped for the card and got the 7-10 day message. 

I haven't had any bads in at least 4 years. 

Message 38 of 63
kiasmith1974
Contributor

It's a gift and a curse! I am AU on that card which had 0 balance until christmas, I love my gift but GRRRR at my utilization Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 485
Myfico 635 (3/01/14)
EX FAKO 667 EQ 697 Barclaycard TU 707 4/27/14 (yea!)
Mortgage Ready End of 2015
Message 39 of 63
Valeris

I applied about 2-3 days ago, received the "7-10 day" message, called for a status, was denied unfortunately. My credit history is very short, started off with a CapOne Journey Student Card at $500 on 2/2013. Have about 4 Store cards, cl of $200-400. Got approved for a Discover It Student card about 1 1/2 weeks ago for $500, and approved for Chase Amazon Rewards and Chase Freedom in the last week, both $500. Fico: 659, EQ Fico: 622, CK TransUnion: 657, CS Experian: 685, (this is with all 14 inquiries on file but the recent Discover, and 2 Chase cards not reported yet);  No loans, no collections, no baddies, no late payments. AAoA is 5 months, utilization at 40%.

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.