Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleased with Capital One!

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Pleased with Capital One!

Received my card yesterday, I am pleased with their services, their online site is actually really nice and their mobile app is awesome. I find their site very easy to navigate compared to Citibank/chase.

Also its a nice perk that they throw in is real time credit monitoring via transunion and you get your credit score and all, it also shows how much available credit you have between all your cards. This means I no longer really need the costco identity guard really...gonna save me $10 a month!

I was a bit skeptical about Cap1 and the fact they do three pulls but now looking at it I feel super confident about building a relationship with them in the future.

I think other banks should definitely take a page out of Cap1 Mobile app, one of the best apps I've used out of all of them!

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pleased with Capital One!

Their credit monitoring is no better than credit karma.

In fact. Go take a look at both.....Real close... Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IcEWoLF wrote:

I find their site very easy to navigate compared to chase - Agree to disagree 

Also its a nice perk that they throw in is real time credit monitoring via transunion and you get your credit score and all - FAKO score, pretty useless

I think other banks should definitely take a page out of Cap1 Mobile app, one of the best apps I've used out of all of them! - Really wondering what apps you've used in comparison, to each their own I suppose Smiley Happy

Its nice that you're pleased overall

Message 3 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you would of applied for Cap1 say a year ago or two you would be cursing them out now.. Their online app is decent I agree, but wait until you get to deal with the CSR's..  Learn to like the answer "NO".  Anyways, you have a nice limit and if you don't have to deal with the CSR's and are happy with that limit then they will suit you well!  

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol....they sure do love to say no.

CapitalOne is all about self service.
Message 5 of 17
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I think I'm the exception but I have to say the few times I've had to call Cap One they've been very helpful.  I tried to get them to waive an AF a few months ago & they shot that down pretty quick but every other time I've had no complaints & they've been very generous with my limits so far (well, for someone who's still pretty new to rebuilding).

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 6 of 17
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

I've used boa/chase/Barclay apps and I feel their app is one of the best in the business along Discover and Amex mobile app. Citi bank is total garbage...Fnbo is alright.

Just posting my positive experience folks...i haven't had to contact their reps and rarely ever do for any of my accounts.
EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 7 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No I commend you for posting a postive experience.. Please don't call there front line CSR or it will bitter you.. Enjoy a very good CC though .. Can't really beat the rewards other then possible Citi DC or Fidelity Amex.. No Hassles at all w/reward structure.

Message 8 of 17
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Received my card yesterday, I am pleased with their services, their online site is actually really nice and their mobile app is awesome. I find their site very easy to navigate compared to Citibank/chase.

Also its a nice perk that they throw in is real time credit monitoring via transunion and you get your credit score and all, it also shows how much available credit you have between all your cards. This means I no longer really need the costco identity guard really...gonna save me $10 a month!

I was a bit skeptical about Cap1 and the fact they do three pulls but now looking at it I feel super confident about building a relationship with them in the future.

I think other banks should definitely take a page out of Cap1 Mobile app, one of the best apps I've used out of all of them!

Their online interface is really good.  They want as much self service as possible because they don't want to have to talk to you.

The "Credit Tracker" service is a joke.  It is exactly the same as Credit Karma's service.  You could have saved your $10 whenever you wanted to simply by signing up for CK.  The score is FAKO so it's basically useless.

Three pulls is ridiculous but understandable for a sub-prime lender to want to ding you as hard as possible and get all the info possible.  Their tarket is the sub-prime market where risk is obviously higher.

Crapital One doesn't give a rip about the relationship you percieve to have with them.  They are NOT a relationship bank at all.  Don't kid yourself, you are not developing a relationship.  You are an account number and they couldn't care less.

I don't use the mobile apps, but I wouldn't be surprised if Crap1's is indeed quite good.  Here again anything they can do to avoid providing you with customer service, they will do it.  A good app means less people calling in and fewer script readers they have to pay.

Message 9 of 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:
I've used boa/chase/Barclay apps and I feel their app is one of the best in the business along Discover and Amex mobile app. Citi bank is total garbage...Fnbo is alright.

Just posting my positive experience folks...i haven't had to contact their reps and rarely ever do for any of my accounts.

I'm going to cast a positive vote for CapOne. I see lots of people posting on this forum, and their first non-store card is often a secured Capital One card. That's an important step for those folks establishing credit. I've had one since 2003, and no issues, a reasonable interest rate.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.