Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleased with Capital One!

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Pleased with Capital One!

Really we are all just account numbers to any issuer not just capital one. Don't kid yourself. I think capital ones app and website are very well designed and the rewards are the least hassle with the easiest redemption ive seen.

On the negative side yes their csrs love to say no!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count me in as another person who has had nothing but positive experiences with Capital One. First of all, I completely agree with you. As much as I love Chase and Barclays, Capital One has the best mobile and online website. Chase's is ugly, and Barclays' (although attractive) doesn't look like it has as many features as Capital One's. Second of all, Capital One was the first lender to give me an unsecured card ($3000) limit. And then, after only one month, the awesome CSR I talked to converted my Platinum card to a no AF Quicksilver card and all I was trying to do was ask to see if it was even possible! 

Come to think of it, the only lender that I've ever had problems with is Wells Fargo. I hear wrong information from literally about 9/10 CSRs I talk to on the phone. 

Message 12 of 17
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I'm another fan of capital one. They've treated me very well. I've never even had to deal with the frontline csr because they give me auto CLI quite regularly. The trick with them is max it out then pay it off and repeat. They love heavy users but not ones who run a balance. They're business model seems to be based on those swipe fees more than interest. My quicksilver is my go to card. Love the 1.5% back on everything. So easy to use. I will be closing my 3 year old cao one secured at some point and might try and PC but I heard they refuse on the secured cards. If they do its no lose. They gave me that card when no one else would even consider me so I'm grateful for that.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 13 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@IcEWoLF wrote:
I've used boa/chase/Barclay apps and I feel their app is one of the best in the business along Discover and Amex mobile app. Citi bank is total garbage...Fnbo is alright.

Just posting my positive experience folks...i haven't had to contact their reps and rarely ever do for any of my accounts.

+1.  Merrick Bank has a better mobile app than Citi.   Ugh.  But yes, Cap One is a very good app, especially in terms of functionality.   AMEX looks better, but Cap One is a good one.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Really we are all just account numbers to any issuer not just capital one. Don't kid yourself. I think capital ones app and website are very well designed and the rewards are the least hassle with the easiest redemption ive seen.

On the negative side yes their csrs love to say no!

That's it in a nutshell.  All these financial insitutions would leave us by the side the the road, naked and shivering, should we not have any coin to put in their coffers.  It's a cold, cold world out there and there is no love lost on either side.

That's the fun in this game.  Jump across the alligators' backs and make it to the other side of the river without getting bitten.  Everyone once and a while you'll see someone getting eaten alive.  

Cap 1 is as good as the rest of the heathens.  Their online interface is quite user friendly.

Message 15 of 17
IllinoisNative
Contributor

I'm another fan of Capital One.  They have never done me wrong.  They were very helpful when my card was stolen, etc.  I work for a LARGE prime bank...and don't kid yourself...you're just a number to them, too.  Bank's aren't in the business of making relationships with you unless they are making money.  Capital One is no different than BoA, Chase, Discover, etc.  Trust me.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add me to the list of Capital One fans! The company has been really good to me and the Quicksilver card is def. one of my favorite cards. I like that none of their cards have foreign transaction fees. Another perk with Capital One is that they are pretty straight forward and like others have said promote self service. I got a credit line increase via their form online and I like how the form answered all my questions before I clicked "submit" (like wondering if a credit report will be pulled or not). 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.