Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plenti Card is soon to be gone

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Plenti Card is soon to be gone

Had the Plenti card ,not Amex , but teally never used it.

Credit Curiosity, loved your post, what the Shizzz? Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 29
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

Bad results for me. Have had the Amex Plenti for 9 months, tried moving CL over to my Blue card today, and declined because guess what, card is not 12 months old yet, and won't be until Mar 2018, a month after the card is discontinued. So I guess goodbye CL. No biggie as 0 balance owed and already covered the util loss with other bank cards.

Chatted and also phoned in, no help. Most reps didn't even know the card was being discontinued.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benzman wrote:

Bad results for me. Have had the Amex Plenti for 9 months, tried moving CL over to my Blue card today, and declined because guess what, card is not 12 months old yet, and won't be until Mar 2018, a month after the card is discontinued. So I guess goodbye CL. No biggie as 0 balance owed and already covered the util loss with other bank cards.

Chatted and also phoned in, no help. Most reps didn't even know the card was being discontinued.

I've never had an issue with moving credit lines from one card to another when both are less than a year old. I believe there's something AMEX doesn't like about your credit profile. 

Message 13 of 29
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

I've never had an issue with moving credit lines from one card to another when both are less than a year old. I believe there's something AMEX doesn't like about your credit profile. 

Maybe because it's the Plenti. Don't think it's the profile as;
1. They have always started me with excellent limits.
2.Offered me a CLI, which I declined yesterday.
3.Get offers every week to upgrade current cards or pre appvls for other cards.

Seemed I could not talk with anyone who spoke fluent English, so going to call tomorrow (weekday).

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benzman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

Seemed I could not talk with anyone who spoke fluent English, so going to call tomorrow (weekday).

A company should be embarassed when customer service reps can't speak English or comprehend basic questions. 

Message 15 of 29
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

A company should be embarassed when customer service reps can't speak English or comprehend basic questions. 

This is DW’s card and she absolutely hates talking to CSR’s, (She could care less about all this credit stuff), so I just clicked the button to transfer the limit to her Hilton and was told to kick rocks.

It’s only 3k from a 500k plus profile so whatevs, but it would have been nice to up the 1k Hilton

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 29
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE!

Figured out how to get this done. When I originally tried via online and via phone, I was told you had to leave $500 on the card transferring from. Of course each time I was denied, and was told on phone it was because card wasn't 12 months old yet, only 9 months.

When I got the denial letters, it says the reason was "reallocating available credit from requested account would cause its line of credit to fall below the minimum allowed per AE policy, nothing about date." So I think to myself, ok, maybe leave 1K and transfer the rest? That worked instantly! Was able to move the remaining 4K over to another card in mere seconds.

So rule of thumb no matter what they say on the Plenti, you HAVE to leave 1K on it. I'm so pleased that I was able to transfer.

Message 17 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

Not necessarily true. Just because one individual has been able to move limits  within a year and another hasnt , doesnt mean anything wrong with profile. I wasnt able to do so and i know Amex doesnt dislike my profile otherwise they never would have given me 3 cards a 3x cli  twice within my first year back. And i was on blacklist for 10 years. Sometimes, the time needed to transfer is just that, actual timeSmiley Wink

Message 18 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good update Benzman!! Thats the exact reason i couldnt transfer from my ED to my BC. Same verbiage, though tecnically i was gonna leave $700 on it. I might try again. It wouldnt hold back 3x attempts on a card if you are able to successfully transfer to another card would it?
Message 19 of 29
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Good update Benzman!! Thats the exact reason i couldnt transfer from my ED to my BC. Same verbiage, though tecnically i was gonna leave $700 on it. I might try again. It wouldnt hold back 3x attempts on a card if you are able to successfully transfer to another card would it?

I think they "might" consider transfer a CLI, so I personally would wait 6 months after the transfer before requesting the 3X, but again that's just my thoughts.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.