Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting my future app spree...

tag
Ellifino
New Contributor

Plotting my future app spree...

Hey everybody,

I got my very first credit card ever--a Chase Freedom with a $500 limit--back in April. Soon after I added a Capitol One Platinum card and a Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa, and a handful of store cards. I've been gardening the heck out of these guys and have been rewarded with several soft pull credit increases, yeehaw!

Additionally, I had a baddie get removed, so my file is now squeaky clean and my scores have moved from the low 600's (when I got my current cards) to the low 700's.

Now. I have some international travel coming up early next year and I've hit the "six month of revolving history" mark.  I am reading that CSP is the best travel rewards card, but to be honest I don't think my file is there yet, with only six months of revolving history and a highest cc limit of $1000.  What about the Delta Amex? If I apped before the start of year I would get the Amex history bump, right? And I keep getting special offers (not preapproved) from them as an existing skymiles account holder for like 50,000 bonus miles. Is there another travel card I should be considering?

Other cards I want- maybe app at the same time? But it seems early yet?

Barclay sallie mae (student loan pay down benefit)

Discover it

I'd love to PC the cap one platinum card to something better but I guess they don't make changes in the first six months?

what are your thoughts, friends?

Fico Scores: EQ 742 (8/2014), TU 732 (8/2014), EX 731 (8/2014)
Starting Scores: EQ 593 (12/2011)
Goal Score: 750 on all three
My Wallet: Amex BCP $2000 / Chase Freedom $1000 / Chase Slate $2000 / AAFP Bank of America Cash Rewards $1000 / Capital One: $3300 / Amazon Store Card: $1100 / Target: $800 / Walmart: $850 / PayPal SmartConnect: $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: Plotting my future app spree...

@Ellifino wrote:

Hey everybody,

I got my very first credit card ever--a Chase Freedom with a $500 limit--back in April. Soon after I added a Capitol One Platinum card and a Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa, and a handful of store cards. I've been gardening the heck out of these guys and have been rewarded with several soft pull credit increases, yeehaw!

Additionally, I had a baddie get removed, so my file is now squeaky clean and my scores have moved from the low 600's (when I got my current cards) to the low 700's.

Now. I have some international travel coming up early next year and I've hit the "six month of revolving history" mark.  I am reading that CSP is the best travel rewards card, but to be honest I don't think my file is there yet, with only six months of revolving history and a highest cc limit of $1000.  What about the Delta Amex? If I apped before the start of year I would get the Amex history bump, right? And I keep getting special offers (not preapproved) from them as an existing skymiles account holder for like 50,000 bonus miles. Is there another travel card I should be considering?

Other cards I want- maybe app at the same time? But it seems early yet?

Barclay sallie mae (student loan pay down benefit)

Discover it

I'd love to PC the cap one platinum card to something better but I guess they don't make changes in the first six months?

what are your thoughts, friends?

Hello, I hope I answer all the questions that you have. Congrats on getting the baddie removed from your report, and congrats on your score increase! Have you tried the Chase pre qualify yet to see if they offer you anything? They're usually spot on with pre-approvals! I was approved by Amex with an AAoA of <6 mos and low CL at the time for 3K. I think you have a shot at getting the SallieMae, YEMV but I have noticed they like to CL match other lenders. With Barclays you could also try the ArrivalPlus. Barclay is also really good about Recon approvals. Don't  rely on Discovers pre approvals, but if you're going to do an app spree, I don't think it would hurt. With your scores north of 700 I think you have a good chance of approval, plus you can recon if needed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.