Established Contributor

Re: Plum Card Approval

Creditaddict wrote:
My business just got the Plum last month but after running the numbers for 2% cash back or Membership rewards I get on the Gold card, the Gold card gives me about Double cash back vs. 2%.
So cancelled it.
but when you activate, I sure did like how they asked up front what you planned on spending and if that would work for amex so the card was never declined, the gold we had some issues in beginnning until we built history with how much we ran through it.

I thought it was 1 point/$1.00 spent and the points were about equal to $0.01 cash value, so basically it'd be like 1% back.

What do you redeem Gold points for that make it about 2%?
Epic Contributor

I can't totally figure out the point system myself either, However my point balance each month doesn't lie, I just gave up figuring out where they came from.
I charge on average about 2k with FedEx, I get 5% cash back bonus on that, roughly $60-80 usually PLUS I think im earning 5 rewards points or something.
My charges total anywhere from 4k-8k dependning what I did for the month.
I usually average about 25000 reward points a month.
I trade in the points for $100 statement credit.

so that = $60-80 from fedex cash back plus $100 statement credit = $160-180
vs. 2% on 5k plum card = $100

I just really don't know where all the reward points are coming from but they are they EACH month and I trade them in Each month!
Fico Scores: EQ- 662., TU 684 Barclay, EX 700 (3/21/15)

You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
72 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor

Did any one else got the plum card recently? If so what is your scores?
New Contributor

Congrats!  Nice lineup of cards...  Mind sharing some scores/history when you got them?   

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.