Established Contributor
jaybird201

Re: Plum Card Approval

Creditaddict wrote:
My business just got the Plum last month but after running the numbers for 2% cash back or Membership rewards I get on the Gold card, the Gold card gives me about Double cash back vs. 2%.
So cancelled it.
but when you activate, I sure did like how they asked up front what you planned on spending and if that would work for amex so the card was never declined, the gold we had some issues in beginnning until we built history with how much we ran through it.

I thought it was 1 point/$1.00 spent and the points were about equal to $0.01 cash value, so basically it'd be like 1% back.

What do you redeem Gold points for that make it about 2%?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I can't totally figure out the point system myself either, However my point balance each month doesn't lie, I just gave up figuring out where they came from.
I charge on average about 2k with FedEx, I get 5% cash back bonus on that, roughly $60-80 usually PLUS I think im earning 5 rewards points or something.
My charges total anywhere from 4k-8k dependning what I did for the month.
I usually average about 25000 reward points a month.
I trade in the points for $100 statement credit.

so that = $60-80 from fedex cash back plus $100 statement credit = $160-180
vs. 2% on 5k plum card = $100

I just really don't know where all the reward points are coming from but they are they EACH month and I trade them in Each month!
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
concorduser

Did any one else got the plum card recently? If so what is your scores?
New Contributor
billsfan14

Congrats!  Nice lineup of cards...  Mind sharing some scores/history when you got them?   

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}