Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plum Pre-Approval

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Plum Pre-Approval

@killnfool wrote:

I'm still seeing the link. You just have to reload the page a few times until you get the plum banner.

I've been trying that all morning Smiley Happy

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 11 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@n777ua wrote:
Logged into AMEX this AM and saw I was pre-apped for the Plum card. I did not click on the link. Would there be any reason to get this? I have Amex Gold and Blue Cash Rewards. Or, am I even eligible? I don't own my own business, and I was under the impression this was a business card.

Just about everyone can apply for a business card.  Ever sold anything on e-bay, you are a sole proprietor selling online merchandise.  Not that hard to apply for a business card and you can earn nice bonus points/miles doing this.  Just tell the truth on your application.  If your business hasn't earned a cent yet, say so.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 25
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@n777ua wrote:
Logged into AMEX this AM and saw I was pre-apped for the Plum card. I did not click on the link. Would there be any reason to get this? I have Amex Gold and Blue Cash Rewards. Or, am I even eligible? I don't own my own business, and I was under the impression this was a business card.

Just about everyone can apply for a business card.  Ever sold anything on e-bay, you are a sole proprietor selling online merchandise.  Not that hard to apply for a business card and you can earn nice bonus points/miles doing this.  Just tell the truth on your application.  If your business hasn't earned a cent yet, say so.

Thanks for the info!  I've been able to get the link to come back up, but it still won't work.  I just get some error message about my userid.  Idk.  I went ahead and emailed Amex to see if this was a true pre-approval or just a bad link popping up.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!  I've been able to get the link to come back up, but it still won't work.  I just get some error message about my userid.  Idk.  I went ahead and emailed Amex to see if this was a true pre-approval or just a bad link popping up.

Let us know what happens, same thing with me.

Message 14 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

FWIW, I also have the link and it doesn't work if I click on it.  Haven't tried clearing my cookies to see if that would make a difference.  Although, if I cleared my cookies, I'd probably no longer have the offer.

Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)

Message 15 of 25
n777ua
Established Contributor

Dear N777UA I would like to inform you that if you are unable to proceed with that link, you can login to plumcard.com to apply for the Plum Card. It appears that the link is not working due to some technical glitch. For this, I request you to call our Online Service Department anytime at (800) 297-1234. If you are outside the U.S., please dial the access code for the country you are in +336-393-1111. A representative will further assist you. We look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Khushboo Chugh Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same alert today. Im sure its some type of system glitch. It said that I was pre approved for a business card even though I don't have one. Keep in mind that Im also currently a student. No way American Express would be offering this to a student.

Message 17 of 25
n777ua
Established Contributor

Just called web support and she didn't have a clue what I was talking about so I just hung up. Too much work for me to figure this out Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Walt_K wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

Are the rewards better than a regular consumer card? Was wondering why regular type folks would bother, since the protections of the Card Act don't apply to business cards. Seems like unless the rewards were a lot better it would be better to stick with the regular.

Message 19 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

Are the rewards better than a regular consumer card? Was wondering why regular type folks would bother, since the protections of the Card Act don't apply to business cards. Seems like unless the rewards were a lot better it would be better to stick with the regular.

I'm pretty sure the Plum card allows you the option to take 60 days to pay rather than 30.  And gives you a 1.5% break for early payment (not sure what early means).  You also get their Open discounts which provide for discounts from certain vendors.  You'd just have to compare all the benefits next to your own spending patterns and needs to determine whether the benefits are better.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.