Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pnc CLI Question??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pnc CLI Question??

I wanted to request a credit limit increase on my Everyday Rewards Visa, i had a quick question though-

If i request an increase online will it be hard pull?

If i call and request an increase will it be a hard pull?

Who do they pull if it is a hard EX, EQ, or TU.

Also are they generous with CLI?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pnc CLI Question??

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to request a credit limit increase on my Everyday Rewards Visa, i had a quick question though-

If i request an increase online will it be hard pull?

If i call and request an increase will it be a hard pull?

Who do they pull if it is a hard EX, EQ, or TU.

Also are they generous with CLI?

It is always a hard pull.  I requested a $2500 increase to make my limit $10k a couple months ago and it was approved.  They pulled EX.
Message 2 of 5
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I got a $2,500 increase last week - no hard pull from PNC (4-3-2-1 rewards). I called in to talk about a BT offer I got in the mail, I mentioned I was worried about utilization - she looked at the account and offered the CLI - I was a happy camper! I was expecting a hard pull if I requested a CLI, but I got it before I even asked for it! So YMMV
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

so you just mentioned a balance transfer? I have the same card as you do. the 4-3-2-1 cashback.

Message 4 of 5
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Yup I called about the BT offer I got in the mail - told her I was concerned about my utilization on the card - she was looking into the account as we were talking and offered the CLI to me. I asked her if it was a hard pull if I accepted it - or if she pulled a report to make the offer - she said no -- and she was right, so it must have been lurking in the computer somewhere... When I called I was on the fence about asking for an increase, figuring it would be a hard pull (from everything I've ever heard/read) so this was a VERY pleasant surprise for me. Again YMMV on this one... Good luck if you go for it!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.