Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points for Aging

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Points for Aging

Hey guys!!  I have a few cards that will celebrate their first birthday in July..Wondering approximately how many points do I get for a birthday??? 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Points for Aging

Same here. I'll let you know. I have 4 active open credit cards and another 7 tradelines that will become a year old May-June. I am hoping to get a decent pop but I am not holding my breath.
Message 2 of 7
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

You should see a decent jump, not only are your cards a year old but one year old inquiries stop counting against your score.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You folks are lucky.  Most of my card birthdays come in October.  I don't know why - this just seems to be the month for apping for me.
Message 4 of 7
gmanuel71
Valued Member

My WAMU card celebrates it's first birthday this month and so far all I have seen is a lousy 4 point increase.
Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Just curious. I opened a few accounts that I ultimately closed for whatever reason. Do you get a possible score bump when CLOSED accounts reach 1 year?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CRs are fairly simple- just 3 COs around 5yo, a 3yo collection and 5 new accounts within the past year. My FICOs were 608-605-551 last month. Two COs were showing the balance last month, and this month TU & EX show a zero balance on one, due to "account transferred/sold". That said, THREE of my accounts just hit one year old, FICO even says only 2 accounts opened in past year, and here were my point gains this month: TU +1, EX +38 and EQ +12. Just thought I'd share my experience Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.