cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poking the Chase beast to see what happens.......

tag
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Poking the Chase beast to see what happens.......

Then you must not live in the US!  When it comes to Ex's there are good and bad in both sex's.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 11 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

iwantbettercredit wrote:
Then you must not live in the US!  When it comes to Ex's there are good and bad in both sex's.

+1
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Back child support? Does she still have a drivers license? Get her to move to FL - she'll be walkin' between stints in the hooskow.
Message 13 of 31
GregB
Valued Contributor

Not having a driver's license didn't stop her from driving at all. She did take a taxi to and from court one time so she could tell the judge she took a taxi and didn't drive. I followed the taxi after court two blocks to her attorneys office where she got her car and presumably drove to work. I naturally assumed that someone who had several tickets and two at-fault accidents within the last 18 months would get caught and tossed in jail but, silly me, she got away with driving without a license for 6 months.

I later found out her mother drove for her entire life with no driver's license.

Message 14 of 31
voidman
Established Contributor

@GregB wrote:

Not having a driver's license didn't stop her from driving at all. She did take a taxi to and from court one time so she could tell the judge she took a taxi and didn't drive. I followed the taxi after court two blocks to her attorneys office where she got her car and presumably drove to work. I naturally assumed that someone who had several tickets and two at-fault accidents within the last 18 months would get caught and tossed in jail but, silly me, she got away with driving without a license for 6 months.

I later found out her mother drove for her entire life with no driver's license.

Lol,

well you dont have to worry about it and compare yourself with her. I bet you are lot better than that. She will get her punishment when it is due. 

I think we are totally OT. 

-void
Message 15 of 31
GregB
Valued Contributor

It does seem most threads move Off Topic quickly. To get back ON TOPIC:

As of this morning Chase is reporting BT check cleared.

The very next day after depositing the check I received a text from Chase asking me to reply "1" if the check was ligitimate. It took a day and a half after that for it to show as cleared. That was the extent of the drama.

I did chicken out and go for the 18 months at 2.99% because I have to believe Chase will change me to 5% minimum payments. That seemed better overall than the 9 months 0%. I would hope for a boost to my FICO with two less CC reporting a balance but don't want to rely on a BT being available in 9 months with the 0% offer.

Message 16 of 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I believe the only folks that were changed to 5% payments were the ones with the perpetual BT's. I do no believe BT's with a two year or less duration have been effected at all.
Message 17 of 31
woodstock
Established Member

GregB -

I think your ex and my ex must be sisters.  Mine racked up 186,000 worth of credit cards in addition to a lot of other debts.  We too lived in California.

I've been balance chased for so long I don't have any available credit to do BTs with.  I'd love to hear any advice you have on refinancing some of my higher interest rate debt.  My CR is now 638, up from 471.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

did miss the notice now BT made out to you or cash will be a cash advance
Message 19 of 31
GregB
Valued Contributor

@woodstock wrote:

GregB -

I think your ex and my ex must be sisters.  Mine racked up 186,000 worth of credit cards in addition to a lot of other debts.  We too lived in California.

I've been balance chased for so long I don't have any available credit to do BTs with.  I'd love to hear any advice you have on refinancing some of my higher interest rate debt.  My CR is now 638, up from 471.

The lawyers have made a nice system for themselves as their clients dig themselves a hole that will bankrupt many of them. You either need to be wealthy or know in advance to hire ONE attorney for both of you. Once either person hires their own attorney, it gets ugly thanks to the way our laws and system works.

I had several good friends that helped me keep my finances going so that my FICO only dropped from mid 700s to high 600s. Even the drop to 686 caused some creditors to start tightening things up. This was worse because of being self employed so that my personal FICO affected business.

If I had been unable to stop my FICO dropping or didn't have friends to loan me money or she had run up $186,000 in debt, I probably wouldn't have made it. She did take that much but it didn't show as CC debt.

I hope it works out for you.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.